DRC has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. Using a human rights framework, the DRC Somalia operations focuses mainly on people who are affected by displacement, including refugees, internally displaced, and migrant.
Overall purpose of the role:
Provide technical support of the staff and be the main point of contact for IT related issues in the DRC/DDG office and field offices.
- Responsibilities: (in bullet points)
- Function as the main point of contact for IT related issues in the use of computers, software, hardware for DRC/DDG
- Advise and instruct staff (users) on IT best practices, internet and email usage and appropriate course of action where problems are encountered for DRC/DDG
- Oversee software and network security in the office for DRC/DDG
- Perform general repairs for computers and printers for both DRC/DDG
- Check internet problems and contacting internet company for both DRC/DDG office and Guest Houses
- Trouble shoot computing system network and application to identify and correct malfunctions
- Supports administration of servers and server clusters located at head office remotely
- As needed, install, configure, maintain and ensure secure operation of: Internet telecommunications; servers, desktop/laptop hardware and software, and peripherals; Local Area Network, Wireless Network, essential network services peer-to-peer or client server architecture.
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of servers, workstations and associated systems
- Document network problems and resolution for future reference
- Carry out simple brief, on the job training for staff as required
- Ensure smooth and efficient running of all IT system in both DRC/DDG
- Set email address for new staff and change password when staff change their emails or leave the organization.
- Perform automatic backups as scheduled and ensure data integrity and confidentiality
- Identify IT equipment that needs repair or replacement for DRC/DDG
- Make recommendation to procurement officers in regards of IT equipment for DRC/DDG
- Ensure all employees adhere to DRC/DDG internet policy and understand these polices
- When necessary conduct investigation on emails & internet usage by employee and report to AM.
- Stay Current on all relevant Technologies
- Ensure all users are using the required features of office 365 email system i.e. Skype for business, Teams, OneDrive, Calendar sharing and share point.
- Ensure IT equipment’s are configured with software as approved by DRC.
- Managing access Controls for all network related services and resources.
- Manage and control bandwidth usage using bandwidth management tools.
- Prepare monthly API Report and share with IT Coordinator.
Education, experience & technical competencies;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related field from a recognized institution.
- At least 3 Years’ experience working in an IT support environment preferably in an INGO.
- Advanced level of Hardware/software troubleshooting experience.
- Advanced, Solid knowledge of network and communications technology, to include but, limited to, server operating systems including both windows and Linux based OS, network architecture, IP based networks (voice and data), Satellite communications, desktop solutions, email systems, etc.
- Quick in learning new systems
- Able to work under harsh and extreme conditions, good judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent Communication skills, and fluent in spoken English and Somali.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You are a strong networker and enjoy working with many different types of stakeholders, you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while balancing the role of advisor and taking leadership
Communicating: You write and speak effectively and honestly and display political and cultural sensitivity, including ability to adapt well to local cultures
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Availability: 1st Sep 2020
Duty station: Bossaso
Reporting to: Area Manager
Duration: 4 Months with extension
Terms and Conditions
As per DRC salary scale
THE POSITIONS ARE OPEN TO NATIONALS ONLY.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.
Commitments: DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework (http://www.drc.dk/HAF.4265.0.html). All DRC staff must be committed to the Red Cross Code of Conduct, as well as the Core Humanitarian Standards.
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post. We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the online application on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies no later than 30th Jul 2020.