CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position: Our client is looking to hire experienced Laboratory Technician Staff for one of their hospitals in Nairobi, Kenya.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide technical support for laboratory services at a hospital in Nairoabi, Kenya.
- Work within a multidisciplinary team with a personalised & caring attitude.
- Participate in public health awareness initiatives.
- Participate in training programs as required.
- Using the highest industry standards, s / he renders laboratory services in both in patient & out patient settings, using an evidence based approach in keeping with generally accepted standards for the profession.
- S / He shall follow set rules for laboratory routine protocols & SOP's.
- Duties include performance of lab tests as requested by the clinician & the collection, recording of scientific data both quantitative & qualitative.
- S / He shall be responsible for correct calibration & maintenance of all machines & equipment in the lab, as well as those items dispersed across the hospital for point of care testing.
- Malfunctions should be reported immediately to the biomedical team.
- S / He may be required to provide daytime & after hours services for elective & emergency admissions on a rotational basis, during evenings, nights, holidays, weekends & contractual leave periods.
- Reviews with the Directorate Head & Laboratory Manager, adverse events, problem incidents & complaints & explores all opportunities to improve the quality of care & provide recommendations with regards to risk management.
- Participates in the quality assurance program for lab services & monitors key performance indicators.
- Assists the Directorate Head & Laboratory Manager in developing best practices guidelines & protocols.
The Laboratory Technician will report to the Laboratory Manager.
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years post graduate experience in histopathology.
Knowledge / Technical skills:
- BLS provider.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Good time management skills.
- Strong customer service ethic.
- Good interpersonal & communication skills.
- MS Office computer skills.
Team management: This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- This role is for roster / talent building purposes.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this role.