Under the direct supervision of the Operations Officer and the overall guidance of the Team Lead of the programme the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Organize duty travels of national and international staff (visa, booking, travel authorization, security clearance, and hotel booking…). Maintain the record of all the requests in the standard format and submit the report on a monthly basis with OO and National Logistic Assistant.
- Monitor all the incoming and outgoing supplies and liaise with the respective logistics clerks in other zones.
- Coordinate collection and safe storage of polio stool specimen and communicate with the polio team as well as dispatch to Nairobi.
- Follow up on logistics plans for the zone in coordination with Nairobi and the IFP and facilitate efficient clearance, safe storage, and timely distribution of supplies.
- In coordination with Operation Officer and Logistics Assistant in Garowe, ensure timely procurement and distribution of SIAs, RI, and AFP supplies (tally sheet, SM materials, biro, chalk…) to the field.
- Identifies and contracts car rental companies for the campaigns and follow up on payment
- Maintain and update the inventory list of all programme assets of the zone.
- Maintain a record of all office supplies (including Finger Markers, Stool Kits, Environmental Surveillance Consumables, etc.), and coordinate with OO for approval to reorder and maintain minimum stock level of all essential items including stationery and office supplies. Submit the monthly report of essential stock with OO and National Logistic Assistant.
- Perform any additional tasks as per the request of the supervisor.
- Producing results
- Knowing and managing oneself
- Moving forward in a changing environment
Completion of secondary education or equivalent, supplemented by training in the field of supply/logistics. Valid driving license.
At least two years of progressive experience in the field of supply/logistics.
Very good knowledge of English & the local language is required.