To provide timely and efficient support in the implementation of all logistical activities, including customs clearance process, warehousing, importation, and delivery of goods. Provide a variety of security and office related work for the County Office.
Under the supervision of the Logistics and Supply Management and general guidance of the Operations Officer and relevant Project Officer(s) the assistant is a team member. Work is assigned by the supervisor who gives guidance on non-routine matters. Routine tasks are performed independently and some degree of autonomy is also present in matters relating to office procedures. Complex assignments are reviewed in progress at the discretion of the supervisor.
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Coordinate the supply and distribution/delivery of international shipments, monitor and assess the quality, quantity, and safety of the received goods; oversee clearance and proper storage of goods, and initiate duty exemption requests.
- Monitor deliveries by suppliers, clearing agents, and organization’s warehouses. Establish and maintain regular contacts with clearing and forwarding agents, customs, UN Agencies, NGOs and Government authorities, follow up and ensure that goods are promptly delivered to the right recipients and that appropriate receipts are received;
- Monitor on-going shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and other data, brief supervisors of any unforeseen problems pertaining to discharge, clearing operations, deliveries, etc and recommend solutions / corrective actions.
- Provide regular and ad hoc reports on the progress and movement of shipments of goods.
- Register fixed assets in GSM. Ensure that office assets are barcoded and the regular physical count is performed. Update and maintain accurate fixed assets and inventories data and reporting;
- Ensure that the office premises and furniture are kept in proper condition; arrange repair/maintenance when required.
2. Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing Results
- Ensure effective use of resources
Functional Knowledge and Skills
- Sound organization skills;
- Stress and time management skills.
- Good knowledge of WHO systems, procedures, and practices.
Completion of secondary education, supplemented by training in the field of security and/or supply/logistics. Valid driving license.
A University degree in business administration, logistics management, or related field is an asset.
At least five years of progressive experience in the field of supply/logistics and/or security.
Relevant experience in the UN system
Excellent knowledge of English and the local language is required, knowledge of French is an asset.
- Very Good knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Knowledge of ERP/Oracle applications is an asset.
How to apply
Your application should be sent to the below email address, please indicate the title of the position you have applied in the email subject by close of business Saturday 20th June 2020. It should include a cover letter & a detailed CV (as one document in PDF format) with your contact details.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.