About the Job
Based in Garowe, the Logistics Assistant will support the Logistician in Puntland in all ICRC Logistics operations.
He/she handles warehousing, fleet management and air operations activities, purchases, transport and dispatch.
The Logistics Assistant ensures adherence to the stipulated finance, transport guidelines and the internal and global warehouse standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures proper storage of all goods, adhering to FIFO/FEFO and the stipulated safety regulations
- Performs monthly, quarterly and yearly physical inventory checks for the warehouses in Garowe and Bosasso
- Ensures all consignments are packed and marked appropriately, adheres to the transport and packaging guidelines for the cold chain items as per the manufacturer’s instructions
- Ensures that the appropriate import /export documentation are filed with the Custom Authorities
- Supervises the offloading of consignments and ensures proper documentation; confirms the waybills and packing lists, verifies number of parcels, signs delivery forms, transfers items into stock, updates the system and bin cards
- Handles purchases; identifies new suppliers, collects quotations from them and processes the purchase orders
- Coordinates the usage of outsourced and ICRC vehicles and filters incoming requests
- Ensures that vehicles are serviced and all the required documentations are up to date at all given times and ensures safe keeping of all logbooks
- Processes all tax exemptions for all incoming goods
- Handles the air operations activities for all ICRC authorized flights
- Processes the suppliers ‘invoices for payments
- Continuously updates the existing ICRC IT tools
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
- Diploma in Logistics & Procurement Management, Warehousing, Purchasing & Supply Management or equivalent qualification in a related field
- 2 years’ work experience in a similar field of activity
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Somali languages
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Good communication and Negotiation skills
- Proficiency in Ms Office suite (especially Word and Excel)
- Good knowledge of political, social and cultural affairs of the assigned region
How to apply:
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address email@example.com.
Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is
3rd October 2019. Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
Any incomplete applications will be disregarded.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org