Islamic Relief Somalia (IRS) has been operating in Somalia since 2006 and has responded to conflict and drought affected people through provision of life saving assistance. Through our projects, IR has continuously been providing safe drinking water, improving hygienic sanitation facilities, increasing hygiene awareness, particularly to ones living in IDP camps; empowering the urban poor and distressed working children, engaging in conflict management and mitigation and strengthening of community cohesiveness and co-existence.
Monitoring & Evaluation
- To undertake all Monitoring & Evaluation functions in Somalia IRW Office and to provide effective and efficient implementation of IRS programmes;**
- Ensure that coordination among the teams are enhanced to better serve the target communities in different regions of Somaliland.
- Deliver all M&E functions of IRW Somalia with an aim of ensuring services reach the population in need within the required timeline.
Accountability and Learning
- Act as Complaints Response Mechanism Area Focal Point, including reception, registration and sharing of complaints with CO on weekly basis.
- Assist in other tasks as required by the Area MEAL or Area Managers, including extensive support to all programmes/sectors and other areas whenever deemed necessary.
- Assist Programme teams, Area Manager, MEAL Coordinator with successes observed and challenges encountered in the field, lessons learnt and recommendations on best practices to implement in the future in a Monitoring Follow Up report after each monitoring mission
- Collaborate with Programme teams at area-level to ensure actions are taken based on MEAL findings and recommendations, and document such actions in a Monitoring, and evaluations
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Collect the relevant data as indicated by Project MEAL plans and assessment Scopes of work to measure progress against indicators, expand contextual knowledge of the organization, build positive relationships and trust with people of concern and promote programmatic learning
- Implement and update MEAL Plan in a timely manner for all projects in area, including collection, entry, basic analysis and usage of data.
- Work in very close collaboration with Programme teams, following their work plan and adapting MEAL work plan accordingly
- Plan according to priorities set by the MEAL Coordinator, including dissemination of work plans and respondent lists in advance
- Conduct all, ad hoc or regular assessment, monitoring, post-monitoring and evaluation data collection as per plan / Scope of Work of all project activities present in respective area
- Data collection tools development and use: -
- Lead field testing and piloting in field of tools and provide feedback and inputs to Area Manager and MEAL Coordinator after piloting phase.
- Conduct all field data collection through mobile data collection for quantitative data and paper forms for qualitative data.
- Proceed to digitalization of all data / transcripts that was collected via mobile / tablet.
- Data management, analysis and use
- Conduct systematic data quality checks and cleaning procedures before submitting data for analysis
- Ensure consistent, accurate and timely transfer / upload of data from tablets to servers, and entry of into databases or digital transcripts, if paper forms used
- Keep track of project activity implementation and progress against output indicators as reported by project teams
- Proceed to ad hoc verification of outputs as reported by the project teams at area level by cross checking with paper-based documentation (signed attendance sheets, beneficiary lists etc) and report any discrepancy to SMT.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Proven technical competencies in the design of logistics work plans, procurement plans
- Ability to work with a team in a multi-cultural environment and good team member/leadership;
- Positive approach to problem solving
- Ability to plan for emergency logistics response
- A focus on results, balanced with a sensitive and honest approach to people
- Bachelor Degree in social sciences, humanitarian/or development studies, or relevant field an asset.
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience including at least 3 years of working for UN bodies and international NGOs in the field of mass media and communications
- Knowledge of community-based approaches in humanitarian and development settings is desirable.
- Knowledge of international standards in logistics, procurement procedure and logistics online software is desirable.
- Competency with the analysis of contextual information, and developing clear, informed recommendations.
- Proficiency in English (Written and spoken) is essential
- Good IT skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel is essential.
- Willing to adapt to IRW’s norms and values without compromising personal beliefs and principles.
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate and report effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Willing and able to work long hours as required and meet deadlines.
- Commitment to participatory approaches when working with communities.
- Willing to learn local mechanisms, culture and humanitarian and development issues of the region.
- Able to build productive working relationships; work as part of a team, and support colleagues.
- Communicates honestly, openly, and consistently. Shares information appropriately and ensure that views of all members of the team are freely expressed.
- Encourages a positive rather than negative viewpoint.
- Good numeracy skills with knowledge of local markets and cost estimating are desirable.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build working relationships quickly and to work sensitively with people from various cultural and social backgrounds.
- Able to form recommendations for creative solutions in problem solving and energetic and able to operate in situations which may be arduous.
- Able to work flexible hours when necessary and strive towards task completion.
- Flexible and patient for emergency response deadlines and ability to work on your own initiative as well as a part of a team.
- It is essential that the post holder show a good understanding of humanitarian principles and sympathy with Islamic Relief’s values, as well as a commitment to Islamic Relief’s vision and mission.
Additional job responsibilities
- Support and assist country program team in the documentations process of the project reporting on contingency work.
- Will work on Safeguarding focal point, communication, Humanitarian Coordinator and project emergence officers.
- Islamic Relief is equal opportunity employer, however, encourages female candidates to apply
- IR uphold safeguarding and protection of children and ensure that children rights are protected. The incumbent will have minimal interaction with children.
How to Apply
- IRW Somalia Program is inviting applications from qualified/Motivated candidates who are interested to submit their CVs and cover letters explaining, how they meet Job description.
- Each application should be addressed to the HR account: email@example.com and include the following:
- An updated CV; and · An application letter
- Academic Qualifications (certificates/Transcripts)
- Copy of your National ID card or passport
- And contact information for three work-related referees.
- Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed.