The MEAL Assistant will be a part of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) team, supporting implementation of the overall MEAL system. S/he will assist the MEAL and project team with activities, including data collection, database management and analysis, implementing post-distribution monitoring (PDM) as well as being the focal point for CRM for target communities. The MEAL Assistant will support all efforts for promoting a high level of beneficiary accountability, and will manage the feedback mechanism. The MEAL Assistant will work closely with the Program Officer to support data entry and management as needed. They will generally support the MEAL team and project team to ensure learning and accountability systems are working effectively in the implementation. Ensure consistency within all the programs and practices.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensure all projects have DIPs and M&E plans which are updated on a monthly basis
- Support in collecting data needed for the outcome indicators and support project team with data collection processes if needed
- Support Project team with conducting assessments as needed, facilitate focus groups and other qualitative data collection exercises
- Monitor activity implementation progress against objectives and work plans
- Lead in conducting post-distribution monitoring with targeted communities and lead needs assessments, multi-sectoral assessments and baseline assessments
Accountability & compliance
- Conduct community visits, focus group discussions with beneficiaries and non-beneficiaries to receive feedback on Islamic Relief Somalia project activity
- Maintain the Complains and feedback received and ensuring a timely and appropriate follow-up if needed
- Support project field staff to ensure that projects are carried out with participation from all affected communities (including women) and that information is shared with affected communities.
- Work closely with field staff to collect data and implement activities to support beneficiary accountability
- Advise to Area Office staff and ensure that all programmes are implemented in accordance with CHS.
- Support and work with communities through established institutional structures to enhance capacity, ownership, participation in the project.
- Ensure that the On-track system is updated on a monthly basis
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as a part of a
- Any other duties that may be assigned by
Programme Learning and documentation
- Work with the project teams and communication officer to ensure documentation of programme learning initiatives and outcomes (case studies, photos, lessons learnt, most significant change stories, etc)
- Participate in the documentation and dissemination of this learning to other team members to ensure that good practice is understood and adopted and information
- Support in archiving programs documents at the country offices and field offices and collect, organize and send programmatic documentation to country
- Conduct field monitoring visits as
- Support officers to review assessment results and identify key areas for improvement
- Support program team to propose solutions to problems identified, and to implement and assess progress of
- Support project officers to conduct specific assessments, including training, tool development and roll out etc
- Support project staff during training by ensuring pre and post-test are done for all trainings and documented
Media & Communication
- To produce High-Quality media materials of photos and videos including human interest stories for web print, donors, external publication and to share them with the media officer in the country office in a timely
- To manage all media communications activity in the field in line with the media guidelines produced by the IRS Media Communications Officer, and ensure the media and marketing needs of IRW and donors are
- To be the main media communications contact in the field during emergencies and coordinate all media communication
- To produce case studies of people affected by the emergency and those helped by IR, articles on the changing situation and impact of IR’s work on the
- To provide timely, interesting and accurate information to the IRS Media Officer that can be turned into Press Releases, web updates and e-campaigns, as well as other appropriate marketing
- To work alongside any other IR media staff on the ground including photographers to ensure coordinated media
- To work according to Islamic Relief’s ethical guidelines on content
- To produce high-quality and regular media and marketing material that meets the needs of IRW and its
- To contribute to any advocacy messaging developed by IR around the needs and issues associated with the
- Support in consolidation of monthly progress reports and share with the MEAL coordinator
- Work with MEAL & program teams to gather information from the field for quarterly reports; ensure that reports explain inconsistencies and deviations from planning
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Strictly follow on organizational polices and procedure’s, and respect organizational principles at all times and keep organizational confidentiality
- Demonstrate capacities to establish and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with government officials, local organizations, communities and other stakeholders.
A minimum Bachler degree level in Social Science related – Statistics, social work, M&E, sociology, Community Development,
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 3 years working with M&E for International NGO/UN agencies/Government Departments
- Previous relevant experience, such as data collection and analysis, customer service, reporting in NGO or recognized consultancy firm
- Demonstrated ability in community mobilization and community-level dialogue
- Strong skills in excel and other data management software preferably SPSS and STATA
- Knowledge of editing software; Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe photoshop Lightroom or Final Cut Pro X is added advantage
- Fluent English, both spoken and written
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult circumstances.
- Awareness of child protection issues
- Planning, organization and administration skills
- IT literate with good understanding in MS Office applications, Word, Excel, Power Point, Spread sheets and other Statistical software
- Experience in using participatory methodologies in programme implementation, preferably involving
Additional job responsibilities
Assisting Inter-cluster multi-sectoral assessments during critical situations Producing Cate studies and success stories of beneficiaries
Media and Communication activities
Islamic Relief is equal opportunity employer, however encourages female candidates to apply
How to apply
- IRW Somalia Program is inviting applications from qualified/Motivated candidates who are interested to submit their CVs and cover letters explaining, how they meet Job description.
- Each application should be addressed to the HR account: email@example.com
- and include the following:
- An updated CV; and
- An application letter
- Academic Qualifications (certificates/Transcripts)
- Copy of your Somali National ID card or passport.
- And contact information for three work-related referees.
- Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
IRW is an equal opportunity employer.
Note: Please make sure the job title in the mail subject line is clear as Meal Assistant Garowe