CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements. In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
Our client is seeking an experienced, Medical Doctors - epidemic response with a good bedside manner to join our client's healthcare team. In this position, you will be diagnosing, educating, and treating patients, providing them with the best care available. As part of the medical team, you will administer medications, educate patients on their health, and provide treatment plans for patients with infectious health issues.
- Provide physical, mental, and emotional care for patients
- Develop, coordination and implementation of our client's epidemic preparedness and response activities in Somalia
- Strengthen epidemic preparedness and response capacity of staff at national, provincial and field locations.
- Perform diagnostic tests and blood work to obtain information about patients' medical conditions
- Support and actively engage in all platforms for epidemic preparedness and response, including the preparedness working group
- Recommend specialists to patients who need additional medical attention
- Coordinate closely with internal and external partners including the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the COVID-19 response team, and others to promote and ensure harmonization of preparedness activities.
- Counsel and educate patients on hygiene, diet, and disease prevention
- Develop/adapt health facility, point of entry, and referral system assessments tools and lead assessments in priority provinces and health zones.
- Document patient medical history; record notes to update medical conditions
- Participate in research and further educational opportunities
- Coordinate and provide trainings for our client national health staff on emergency preparedness and response
- Perform CPR or other emergency measures if needed
This position reports to the Health Coordinator
- Bachelor's degree in Epidemiology or Public Health, or a related field
- Doctor of Medicine from an accredited school
- 3-4 years of residency program completion
- Board certification and licensed to work in the country
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Encouraging to medical team and patients; able to mentor and lead Team management
This role involves team coordination and supervision
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.