CARE is an international NGO working in Somalia/Somaliland. CARE and its partners work with vulnerable communities to address the underlying causes of poverty and promote peace and development, as well as mitigating immediate suffering caused by drought, conflict and displacement.
CARE Somalia/Somaliland’s Emergency Program is currently seeking applications from experienced professionals to fill the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer The positions will be based in Erigavo with frequent travel to the field regularly for project implementation and technical support.
1. Summary of the Position.
Under the overall guidance of the MEAL manager, the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will ensure program quality and collection of important data for the emergency program. S/he will support program reporting on results at various levels and manage the collection and analysis of program data. The M&E officer will monitor implementation of emergency project activities against logframes/project documents, measure achievements against milestones, and maintain and update the indicator tracking matrix for all emergency projects. The position also works in close collaboration with program teams, government officials and implementing partners.
2. Roles & responsibilities
2.1 : Program Data Management.
- Together with emergency program team, he/she will harmonize and standardize existing data collection, analysis and reporting tools and systems in line with CARE Somalia’s Management Information System as well as specific project needs within emergency program.
- Ensure timely collection of accurate and high quality data to support project reporting and measurement of achievements against project milestones.
- Validate the quality of collected data sample analysis and take corrective measures to ensure accuracy and validity or program data
- Ensure good data management in storing & retrieval of all data from the projects
- Perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by program teams and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
- Maintain program data repository and facilitate the storage, archiving and easy retrieval of program data organized by projects, locations of action and temporal distribution.
2.2 Program Performance Management.
- Compile and share monthly and quarterly program performance reports.
- Track the progress on project implementation on monthly and quarterly basis and by set project logical frameworks and other parameters as contained in specific project documents.
- Support and participate in project evaluations and other studies to ensure tools and methodologies used address program objectives and priorities.
2.3 Program data analysis and M&E tools development
- Support the teams in conducting post distribution monitoring (PDM) assessments
- Support teams – through regular meetings and on the job support – to gather, collate, and analyse the monitoring data, as well as to report on findings from monitoring activities.
- Participate in the development of templates and guidelines for data gathering, collation and reporting in liaison with project team. Provide technical support to programme team with qualitative and quantitative data analysis and reporting when requested; work with programme staff to do monthly analysis of output data **
- Work with project team as appropriate to ensure that there is good coordination and quality assurance on all assessments, knowledge management, program reviews and evaluations.
- Participate in the design and execution of surveys, evaluations and other assessments; and actively collect data where necessary.
2.5 Other duties.
- Liaise with Program Quality Unit and other programs to ensure cross sharing of information and learning within CARE programs.
- Perform other duties regarding M&E issues as may be assigned by supervisor.
3. Required Qualification and Competencies.
- University degree in social sciences/another relevant field, or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with reputable national or international organizations in M&E and program management
- Demonstrable experience and competencies in research, monitoring and evaluation for INGOs, UN agencies and/or donor programs.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English and Somali.
- Proven and high level statistical skills including design, data analysis and presentation.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel and other statistical packages to analyse and present data
- Sound understanding of indicators, data collection methodology, data quality; ability to develop indicators and data collection tools and assess the data quality.
- Good interpersonal skills as well as networking, flexibility and innovativeness.
- Knowledge of using mobile data technology for data collection is an added advantage **
4. Working conditions:
The M&E Officer will be based in Erigavo and traveling to other field sites to support CARE and partner teams.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and qualified candidates are requested submit their application letter and CV with at least 3 professional reference check via email SOM.Recruitment@care.org by close of business on 1st October 2019. Please include the reference “Monitoring and Evaluation Officer - Erigavo ”. As subject of your email depends on your location preferred.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about CARE and its programs, visit www.care.org
CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer, promoting gender, equity and diversity.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our Commitment to the protection