Action Contre la Faim (ActionAgainst Hunger) has been conducting humanitarian programs in Somalia since May1992. Currently, AAH is conducting its humanitarian activities in Somaliafocused on treating and preventing malnutrition, increasing access to cleanwater and appropriate sanitation, strengthening the food-security, livelihoodsand thus boosting the resilience of communities in Somalia as well as emergencyresponse via program bases in Somalia.
The Positions and responsibilities:
AAH Somalia is looking for One (1)suitable Somali candidate to fill the position of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)Officer. The position will be based in Eyl-Puntland Somalia. Theincumbent reports hierarchically to the FSL Program Manager.
The M&E Officer’s coreresponsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
Objective 1: Project Planning:
- Participate in the production of project and programme log frames
- Participate in incorporating lessons learned in concept notes, proposals and project management plans
- Assist in organizing and conducting trainings, including M&E workshops
- Participate project specific needs assessment in conjunction with needs assessment teams.
- Assist programs and sector-specific field teams to develop systematic and effective project specific M&E plans.
Objective 2: Implementation ofM&E and Coordination:
- In collaboration with the PM, organize regular project monitoring and review the relevant data collection tools designed by the team ensuring that they capture relevant data required for regular project performance reporting.
- Support the PM in design and update the projects Monitoring and Evaluation plans, Annual Progress Reports, and Indicator Trackers.
- Review beneficiary selection criteria processes and verify the targeting of beneficiaries through post-distribution monitoring.
- In collaboration with the M&E department, Program Manager and the team; determine and address information needs of the projects and mission at large.
- Undertake routine field checking to ensure that the project implemented as planned and that beneficiaries are fully aware of the project deliverables, and are aware feedback and Complaint mechanism.
- Train and supervise survey enumerators and data entry staff on the data collection tools, methods of data collection, when required.
- Ensure that data quality control processes (including data checking and daily de-briefing) is implemented for all surveys conducted.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative data analysis when requested by PMs and M&E Manager with clear accurate and concise reports.
- Assist in identifying required training needs and support, design and conduct training for the field teams on M&E for all project staff.
- Oversee the implementation of the accountability agenda within the field office with regular accountability reports to the coordination office.
- Work closely in teamwork with FSL team as well as other program teams and sectors such as Wash, Nutrition and Health e.t.c.
Objective 3: Project Monitoring andEvaluation systems
- Assist in the revision of the project log frame matrix, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement.
- Assist in the development and/or finalization of the project Work Plan and keep it updated in accordance with project activities and timeframes as relevant.
- Develop the overall framework, for project M&E, for example mid-term project review, impact assessment, final evaluation, develop project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems.
- Review the quality of existing data in the project subject areas, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
- Develop baseline data for each project component and for all project indicators.
- With collaborating partners, review their existing approaches and management information systems and agree on any required changes, support and resources.
- Develop a plan for project-related capacity-building on M&E and for any computer-based support that may be required.
- Organize and undertake training with collaborating partners on M&E as required.
- Conduct site visits/monitoring and submit report with clear findings and recommendations.
- Assist in development of monitoring tools: Baselines, Post Distribution Monitoring (PDMs), questionnaires, On-site distribution monitoring forms, surveys templates etc. Use various participatory and quantitative methods to collect data including focus group discussions (FGDs) and post-distribution monitoring.
- Oversee surveys monitoring exercises and data collection procedures with regular supervision of enumerators to ensure quality of work in the field, data accuracy and completeness.
Objective 4: Reporting andCommunications
- Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required and establish a secure file storage systems (hard/soft) for all reports and data collected.
- Provide feedback to partners and program teams on projects performance based on the monitoring and findings.
- Assist in documenting case studies and success stories (written & audio) for specific project component and the overall program.
- Check that monitoring data are discussed in appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action. If necessary, create such discussions to fill any gap.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Program Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, Agricultural- economics, or any other related qualification.
- 3+ years’ of experience in project implementation monitoring and evaluation with an international NGO with diverse experience in conducting assessments and surveys.
- Strong data collection skills, processing, analysis and report writing.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in data analysis, knowledge and use of SPSS or other data analysis tools.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and be initiative
- Good facilitation, analytical, planning and report writing skills
- Strong computer skills and ability to use standard computing packages such as word, excel, power point, spreadsheets and database software programs.
- Strong team working and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English and Somali language and have a clear Understanding of the context of the area of operations.
- Good supervisory and organizational skills, good interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and reliable
- Knowledge of written and spoken English, Understanding of the local language is a must
- Willing to extensively travel throughout the project area
Applications, should include a CVwith cover letter and 3 professional references to be sent via email to:firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 28thMay 2019 clearly mentioning the position on the subject line. M&EOfficer-Eyl
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted forinterviews.
Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
This position is open to Somalia nationals