Who we are
PSI is a leading global health organization with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health. Working in partnership within the public and private sectors, and harnessing the power of the markets, PSI provides life-saving products, clinical services and behavior change communications that empower the world’s most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives. There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” across over 60 countries. For more information, please visit www.psi.org
PSI Som seeks a dynamic candidate with an interest in routine health data monitoring and evaluation for the position of Senior M&E Officer. The successful candidate is responsible for the coordination of the M&E activities from the PSI’s programs and its partners. The position also provides field support in all monitoring and evaluation activities, including development of M&E data collection tools, data analysis, synthesis of data from varied sources, writing and editing of project reports, and training of all relevant PSI and its partners.
Sound like you? Right on. Read on.
- Ensure regular monitoring of the status of programs by comparing actual implementation of activities versus the work plan (action plan) and evaluation of the progress towards the achievement of the objectives and impact of the programs
- Support for the implementation and on-going development of monitoring and evaluation processes and systems
- Development of electronic based forms to facilitate data collection process and reporting
- Technical leadership to ensure the project has strong M&E and can measure progress against indicators in line with the projects logframe
- Support the Research, M&E and MIS manager in the implementation of all monitoring and evaluation processes and procedures as per the PSI’s Annual M&E Plan
- Ensure the quality of the Monitoring and evaluation data conducted by data collectors and the one submitted by PSI’s Implementing Partners (IPs)
- Support the Research and M&E manager by assisting in the management of the M&E for all health programs ensuring that reports are generated in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and facilitate all evidence gathering activities including program evaluations.
- Assist with the Research and M&E Manager to improve the program’s evidence base for sharing within the program teams, donor, MOH and health sector partners
- Writing quality M&E reports
- Reviewing the quality of the data collected
- Promoting and encouraging program teams to use the data for decision making and program improvement.
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
What are we looking for?
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree (B Sc. in statistics, public health, demography, epidemiology or other related fields) required
- A minimum of three years’ work experience in program monitoring and evaluation
- Have demonstrated experience in Monitoring and Evaluation with excellent data analysis skills
- Have the ability to analyze data and compile technical reports of findings consistent with the data (SPSS or Excel experience required, STATA desirable)
- Be able to conceptualize, outline, perform and direct capacity building of PSI Som. staff in undertaking M&E activities.
- Be capable of translating technical information into easily understood data for decision making
- Have excellent writing and presentation skills
- Possess exemplary interpersonal skills
- Be able to work both independently and in a team
- Be computer literate with the ability to work with standard data management software packages including Microsoft WORD and EXCELL
What would get us excited?
- You are fluent in English
- You have experience working with M&E systems for variety of projects
- Experience in supporting or delivering mobile technology-based solutions
Contact Us if you have what it takes?
If you think you are great fit, we will love to hear for you. Please submit your application and detailed resume to Somjobs@psi.org and copy firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 14/10/2019 with subject line indicating the title you are applied for- M&E Officer Puntland .