LH014 Finance and Administration Assistant (1 position) Duty Station: Hargeisa Availability: As soon as possible Post Category: Assistant Group Classification: 3
Reporting Line: The Finance and Administration Assistant will be under the direct supervision of the international Financial and Administration Officer and will report directly to him/her.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To assist the International Financial and Administration Officer in the daily work;
- To keep record of all in and out documents, correspondence and ensuring follow up;
- To take minutes at meetings and conferences, as well as to prepare draft reports, documents, speaking points, etc.;
- To liaise and cooperate on financial issues with the relevant departments;
- To monitor that each expense is in line with criteria of eligibility as well as the relevant regulations and directives (Financial Regulations, Guide to Missions, European Commission’s Communications related to employment of personnel, local labour law etc.);
- To liaise and cooperate on financial and accounting issues with all other relevant Units and Departments, as instructed;
- Contribute to mission reporting in the area of competence;
- Contribute to the identification of lessons and best practice in the area of competence;
- Take account of gender equality and human rights aspects in the execution of tasks;
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the line manager.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Successful completion of secondary education attested by a certificate; AND
- After having fulfilled the education requirements, a minimum of 3 years of professional experience in the same field of work.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to work remotely with minimal supervision when needed, self-organize and deliver high quality results;
- Ability to work independently and harmoniously with colleagues and as part of a team;
- Time management and problem-solving skills;
- Must be able to express ideas and concepts clearly and concisely and to communicate effectively orally;
- Strong sense of confidentiality and discretion in dealing with staff-related matters and/or financial issues;
- Punctuality, reliability;
- A valid EU category “B” driving license or equivalent.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- A professional qualification in Finance or equivalent academic or professional training;
- Previous work experience with an international organisation;
- Excellent administration and organisational skills;
- Works methodically, accurately and with attention to details as well as to tight deadlines;
- Ability to work under stress and willingness to work long irregular hours;
- Good experience of using data for preparing reports;
- A valid category “C” driving license or equivalent.
Mandatory requirement to pass security clearances and medical checks.