Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Supply Chain Officer and the overall supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for coordinating and organizing procurement and logistics activities including obtaining quotations, tendering, purchases and deliveries of office supplies, materials and equipment and Management of fleet at Mogadishu in addition to providing general Procurement and Logistics support to the sub offices at large. The incumbent will also be responsible and accountable for assisting in the supervision and training of all the Procurement and Logistics staff in the Mission.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize and monitor preparation of Requests for Quotations (RFQs), Bidding documents, Requests for proposals (RFPs), other relevant procurement documents and facilitate their advertisement and circulation.
- Organize and facilitate Pre-Bid Conferences by inviting potential Bidders and sharing relevant information regarding Tenders.
- Conduct the review and evaluation of all the Tenders and proposals for the for the Mission by preparing, facilitating and coordinating bid openings and bid evaluation meetings and develop/review relevant evaluation documents such as
Page 2 / 4
Bid Analysis Summary (BAS), BEAC Minutes, BEAC Resolution to Award and Evaluation Score sheet.
- Conduct post-evaluation checks of selected/shortlisted Bidders by carrying out reference checks and vendor searches against exclusion databases of the
- Guide the Bids Evaluation and Awards Committee on the process of Bids Opening, evaluation and recommendation while ensuring full compliance with
IOM Procurement Rules and Regulations;
- Coordinate with IOM Engineers and contracted Engineering Firms on the development and review of bills of quantities, material specifications list and
other technical documentation relating to infrastructure programming at the Head
Office and in field locations;
- Oversee the contracts’ process throughout the procurement cycle, including needs definition, market research and vendor performance evaluation in accordance to IOM procurement rules.
- Oversee Contract monitoring by ensuring that all supporting administrative documentation for contracts are in place, keeping track of contract expiries and
inform Senior Supply Chain Officer on the expiring contracts and due payments.
- Oversee creation and maintenance of an effective filling system for all Country Office contracts depending on their location and monitor regular updating of the
- Coordinate preparation of contracts using the standard IOM templates for procuring service, goods and works for the organization and follow up with the legal department on their review and to obtain their endorsement.
- Establishment LTA (Long term Agreements) for goods/works/services commonly needed by the Mission;
- Conduct periodic review of open commitments and coordinate their closure with procurement, finance and programme staff.
- Ensure full compliance of procurement activities with IOM Procurement policies,
Financial Rules and Regulations, relevant Organizational Policies; donor regulations (when required);
- Support the Supply Chain Officer in planning, implementation and monitoring aspects related to procurement and logistical needs of the Country Office
- Constantly review the processes and analyses logistical bottlenecks, propose solutions and address the challenges;
- Negotiate with contracted firms on the implementation of activities under the project components and monitor progress of contracts implementation to ensure that it abides by the stipulated standards, procedures and planned procurement
- Contribute significantly to the administrative and financial review of the different projects;
- Evaluate and negotiate changes to contracts in terms of price and scope,
prepare modifications and amendments to the contract and coordinate with Legal Department on their review and endorsement.
- Attend pre-engagement/kick-off meetings and conferences with contractors;
- Regularly conduct Procurement Value Stream Mapping with the support of the Senior Supply Chain Officer and institute corrective measures that add value to the process.
- Conduct training of procurement and Logistics staff in the various offices within the Mission on Procurement procedures, policies and on PRISM MM module
Page 3 / 4
- Review regularly existing procedures to identify gaps and areas for improvement.
Maintain appropriate internal control mechanisms to safeguard the organization’s resources.
- Deputize Head of Logistics / Procurement Unit in his/her duties during leaves
including supervising Procurement and Logistics teams within the area of responsibility.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in the area of Procurement, Contracting, Finance or Business Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution; or
- University degree, preferably in the above field, with 2 (two) years of relevant professional experience.
In-depth knowledge of procurement best practices. Knowledge of the UN system and its Rules and Regulations a definite asset. Excellent communication and negotiation skills. Ability to present clear and concise information. Ability to handle confidential matters; Clear analytical skills; Capacity to supervise and direct staff, and ability to plan and direct work to successful conclusion in a timely manner; Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure; Good level of computer literacy. Very good knowledge of SAP MM module a plus; Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drives for results.
Fluency in English and Somali is required.
Values Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible. Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct. Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Page 4 / 4
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2 Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results. Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes. Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate. Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work. Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential. Empowering others and building trust creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their
potential. Strategic thinking and vision: work strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Special Vacancy Notice Number (SVN No.), Position Title and the Duty Station with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) to: email@example.com
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 31.10.2019 to 14.11.2019