CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
- Our clients DDRR program is a key component to their peacebuilding & stabilization portfolio that aims to increase Somalia’s resilience to destabilizing conditions & build national capacity towards sustained peace. The program aims to contribute to peace & improved security in Somalia through supporting the FGS’s national program on the treatment & handling of disengaged combatants & youth at risk (national program).
- In the absence of a peace agreement & other preconditions usually required for traditional DDR programming, our client has been supporting the FGS in its implementation of the national program through a 4 pillared approach that reframes traditional DDR in terms of DDRR. This context specific & context sensitive approach has been developed & implemented alongside local partners to include the national govt. & regional administrations, to create viable, reliable, gender responsive, transparent & nationally owned legal & operational processes to support exit & reintegration pathways for former associates where sanctioned violent extremist groups are involved. In facilitating the reintegration of former associates within these new contexts, our client works to reduce the risk of recidivism or recruitment into criminal or violent extremist groups by addressing the drivers of conflict & building resilience at the individual & community levels.
- Under the overall supervision of the Program Coordinator (DDRR) in Mogadishu, Somalia, technical supervision of the DDRR operation teams, the M&E Officer & under the direct supervision of DDRR Field Coordinator based in Kismayo / Baidoa, the successful candidate will facilitate & monitor the service delivery & activities implementation of 2 rehabilitation centers (1 for men & 1 for women) & 2 CSO's (1 for men & 1 for women), to ensure the designed services & activities are implemented on time & in align with service agreements / SOPs.
Project operation & administration:
- Support the Field Coordinator to supervise the Rehabilitation Center Managers who facilitate day to day procurement / logistic operations in line with our clients resource management rules & procedures, including but not limited to receiving goods, tracking services for the purpose of ensuring quality, relevance & accountability to beneficiaries.
- Report to the Field Coordinator & ensure effective implementation of the rehabilitation & reintegration SOPs, ensure the centers & CSO partners provide continuous support for men & women formerly associated with violent extremist groups as per the relevant service provision criteria.
- When applicable, assist the Field Coordinators with communication & coordination with govt. focal persons, other UN agencies, donor representatives, client mission senior management & security sector authorities.
- Inform the Field Coordinator’s decision making on resource management, development of new program intervention & endorsement of activity / service outcomes.
- Support the Field Coordinator with strategy review process to enhance project activity design & implementation as informed by lessons learned.
- Under the guidance of the M&E Lead, support the implementation of DDRR M&E tool kit with CSO M&E Officers in project locations.
- Assist during training & workshops to help all CSO staff understand the various database platforms & their responsibilities within the system.
- Support implementation of the M&E tools by CSOs.
- Conduct weekly monitoring visits to centres & CSO activity sites & submit reports.
- Support the maintenance of the rehabilitation & reintegration databases content, including QC to ensure data quality, accuracy, consistency, completeness & compliance with DDRR M&E framework.
- In coordination with the Field Coordinator & M&E Lead measure progress towards project objectives, immediate impact of activities & outcomes to inform program reports.
- Participate in information review processes to reflect on data generated by the M&E framework, to identify & document human interest stories & best practices.
- Provide inputs in strategy review process to enhance project activity design & implementation as informed by lessons learned.
- Perform other duties as maybe assigned from time to time.
This roel works under the overall supervision of the Program Coordinator (DDRR) in Mogadishu, Somalia, technical supervision of the DDRR operation teams, the M&E Officer & under the direct supervision of DDRR Field Coordinator based in Baidoa.
- Master's Degree in Political or Social Science, Development Studies, International Relations, or a related field from an accredited academic institution OR Bachelors Degree in the same fields with 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Minimum of 6 years of demonstrable relevant INGO or NGO experience & / or minimum of 3 years of demonstrable relevant public sector experience.
- Previous work experience in 1 or more of the following thematic areas required, DDR, PVE.
- Project experience related to 2 or more of the following topics, stabilization, livelihoods, community led recovery & conflict mitigation.
- Experience working in Jubaland & / or South West State required.
- Knowledge of Jubaland & / or South West State, including socioeconomic & political context required.
- Knowledge of UN programming.
- Knowledge of resource management rules & procedures.
- Fluency in Somalia, Maay & English is required (oral & written).
- Inclusion & respect for diversity respects & promotes individual & cultural differences, encourages diversity & inclusion wherever possible.
- Maintain high ethical standards & acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles / rules & standards of conduct.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent & committed manner & exercises careful judgment in meeting day to day challenges.
- Develops & promotes effective collaboration within & across units to achieve shared goals & optimize results.
- Delivering results produces & delivers quality results in a service oriented & timely manner, is action oriented & committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing & sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge & innovate.
- Takes ownership for achieving the organization’s priorities & assumes responsibility for own action & delegated work.
- Encourages & contributes to clear & open communication, explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring & motivational way.
- Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example & demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision, assists others to realize & develop their potential.
- Creates an atmosphere of trust & an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best & develop their potential.
- Works strategically to realize the organization’s goals & communicates a clear strategic direction.
This role has no team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this role.
- Applicants must attach their updated CV's & valid passport copied on their candidate profiles in order to be considered for this role.