University degree, preferably at the advanced level, in Nutrition, International Health & Nutrition, Public Health & Nutrition Policy and Management, Family Health & Nutrition, Food Security, Food Technology or other related fields.
At least 5 years of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in nutrition, public health management, development projects, emergency assistance, and/or operational aspects of national, bilateral or multilateral food assistance.
Experience in survey methodologies, nutrition assessment and relevant data analysis;
Food security and multisector programme knowledge and experience are desirable.
Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali is a requirement.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong knowledge of nutrition and recent developments in the field;
- Knowledge of sound research methods and monitoring and evaluation standards;
- Understanding of donor policies, strategies, and programme priorities;
- Advanced computer skills with at least intermediate proficiency in windows-based word processing, spreadsheet and nutrition/public health software (i.e. EPI Info);
- General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing administration is highly desirable;
- In-depth knowledge of relevant field of specialization (nutrition, public health, development or other) is an asset;
- Familiarity with quantitative and qualitative health/nutrition survey techniques is an added value Hands on experience in International NGOs is an added advantage.