Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Chief of the Security Operations Centre (SOC), the UN Volunteer Operations Assistant will:
Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level:
- Work on shifts in conjunction with other counterparts assigned to the Security Operations Center (SOC).
- Alert the supervisory chain immediately of any serious accident or incident.
- Maintain an accurate and updated log in the daily occurrences book of all reports received by the SOC.
- Report immediately all communications that are urgent to the C-SOC, CSIOC, DPSA-OPS,and PSA following the type of the incident.
- Receive, process, record, and disseminate all security-related information to the appropriate locations through approved security channels.
- Monitor the SOC email to take timely action on all incidents and or requests;
- Process the Travel Request Information Process (TRIP) requests for travelers to Somalia;
- Direct physical security inspections of UN buildings and facilities.
- Serve as the first Security Point of Contact (POC) to all UN staff requiring security assistance.
- Ensure accurate and timely dissemination of alerts, incident reports, and flash reports; Task, as required, FSCOs, appropriate response teams, the on-call SIU Investigator, Local Security Assistants, UNGU, etc.
- Direct and coordinate all responses carried out by the response teams, the on-call SIIJ Investigator, Local Security Assistants, UNGU, Premises Security, and any other agencies that may be required during crises.
- Direct and coordinate all responses to incidents reported from a UN compound.
- Maintain an Occurrence Log focused on actions taken during incidents that are reported to the Operations Duty Officers.
Secondary education Education - Additional Comments:
Qualification experience should include high school diploma with responsible experience in the military, police or security management is required.
: 60 Months Experience remark:
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in security operations centers or similar within the military or police or security management is required, security risk assessments, standard operating procedures, physical security;
- At least 2 years of experience and exposure at the international level and in conflict, post-conflict, and the high-risk environment is required.;
- Experience in Security Communications Systems, crisis management, security staffing in post-conflict environments;
- English(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
Area of expertise: Other security and protective services experience, Logistics and supply management, Other emergency management experience Area of expertise details:
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive;
- Ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
: No Competencies values:
Communication, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 14 September 2020