- The functions of Operations and Support Manager is to provide strong and dedicated leadership to the organization growth and development. As a member of the Country Management Team, the office holder shall be responsible for providing stronger leadership and promote effective stewardship. Country operations and support include HR, Logistics, ICT, legal, security.
- The job holder will be responsible for supporting country office Operations and Support functions by enhancing cross-departmental communication with a view of a synchronized and effective Programme development.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
- Manage logistics and supply chain, Human resources, Operations and IT in line with IRS policies and programmes strategy.
- Lead and work closely with the Area Managers and technical sector specialist, Finance in the drafting and leading of all recruitment. The postholder will be the recruiting manager and in adherence to IRS HR manua
- Actively participate and advise the CD and CMT on operations and support functions include the need, the structures, its support to the project/programme’s success
- Responsible for developing and managing country risk profile including being the lead JCAD champion.
- Support CD by reviewing policies and developing SOPs where required in accordance to country and project risk profile.
- Respond to address all queries on audit and compliance issues on behalf of the organization and the CD.
- Work and support security coordinator and supervisor by developing security protocol, security plans, evacuation SOPs and create staff understanding and awareness on the implementation at every office level.
- Direct Line manage Senior Human resources officer, Senior Procurement and Logistic Officer, senior Operations and support officer, Security Coordinator, IT officer,
Key ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent Islamic Relief Somalia in interagency operations meetings, or related work with pertinent government officials.
- Develop a sound understanding of the IR programs such that the Operations Manager can act as pe CD delegation when needed.
- He or she may be asked to act on behalf of the Country Director when CD is away, taking on all general management duties.
Coordination, procedures and guidelines
- Ensure that functional operational support is in place in all sites to achieve results across program sectors.
- Implement IR country level operational policies at a national level.
- Review IR Somalia operational policy manuals, devise a plan for updating them and ensure their consistent enforcement.
- Identify operational policy voids and develop new policies as needed in consultation with the CMT, CD and IRW focal person.
- Develop an annual operations plan with regular follow-up of department leaders.
Serve as a focal point and maintain communication with HQ operations staff, and regional support team.
- Coordinate across operations units, across field sites and with programs and finance departments
Budget and Grant Management
- Produce content for new budgets covering operational requirements and provide advice on procurement related budgeting, including a capital equipment replacement plan.
- Maintain close working relations with the Finance Manager to ensure full and coordinated support to operations.
- Oversee grants operations budget lines.
- Ensure compliance with donor regulations with regard to the supply chain.
- Ensure compliance with internal and local administrative and human resources regulations.
- Participate, and chair in the absence of the HOP, grant operating opening, interim, closing meetings with finance Manager, grants officer and Area Managers.**
Administration and Human Resources
- Ensure that the recruitment process is efficient, transparent and well managed.
- Ensure that operations staff have annual performance plans and evaluations.
- With CMT members, Review national staff salaries and benefits and recommend adjustments when needed.
- Serve as focal point person for investigation into policy violations. Follow up on accusations of employee misconduct and advice on potential disciplinary actions.
- Work with the senor Human Resources officer in implementing / maintaining the global HRIS.
- Within the organization and in collaboration with the HR officer, identify staff knowledge areas that require strengthening and work with supervisors and staff to provide the appropriate training, with a goal of contributing to staff retention.
- Ensure all necessary support for the functioning of the office, including external relations with the government, is in place.
- Verify that country logistics policies are appropriate, documented, disseminated and required monitoring processes are effective.
- Assist logistics staff in working effectively with other units to improve planning and resource utilization.
- Undertake periodic system reviews of procurement, vehicle & fuel, asset, warehouse/inventory, suppliers and vendor contracts and communication systems to identify areas for improvement and compliance with IR policy.
- Review key/routine reports, (PO/PR tracking, fuel consumption, procurement plans) and provide feedback with recommendations.
- Ensure the implementation and maintenance of BvA online system and Prologs.
- In collaboration with the IT department in HQ, and EBMS Administrator in the Regional office, support all integration projects, and/or maintain and upgrade IT systems to support Internet communication throughout the country program.
- Ensure optimal IT infrastructure is in place.
Safety and Security
- Serve as security focal point for the country program by attending meetings, gathering relevant information, and ensuring incident reporting.
- Ensure that the Security Management Plan and related SOP’ are regularly updated.
- Support CD in trouble shooting specific safety and security incidents.
- Provide management support and oversight in implementing safety and security policies and procedures.
- Ensure staff are trained in basic safety and security procedures.
Ensure all office and residential locations are safe and secure.
The IRS and its workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRW Standards for Professional Conduct AND should uphold IR mission, vision and standards. These are Ikhlas, Custodianship, and social justice. In accordance with these values, the IRS operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- Ability to work in unstable security environment and abide with the security policies.
- Ability to work under pressure, long work hours, and high workload.
- Ability to independently organize work and prioritize tasks.
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
IRS will provide accommodation at Guest House in Mogadishu and Hargeisa. In field, IR will book a hotel based on the standard of the field office. In some areas, locations, there are basic accommodations with individual sleeping quarters, and shared kitchen and bathing facilities. IR guest house has electricity and internet all day through. Food is the individual’s responsibility.
- At least 8 years’ experience of operational support or management of multi-sector humanitarian relief or development projects in Somalia or similar context; preferably at senior level positions
- Proven personnel management, administration, logistics and finance experience of large operations
- University degree (Humanities and social sciences, Business administration, Procurement and supply chain, and one or either of the sectors IR is working on Food security Livelihood and Water sanitation)
- Demonstrated experience with Supply chain Management.
- Proven experience of administration, event management, facility and inventory management experience of large operations.
- Highly computer literate, to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate and manage human resources;
- Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to balance the pressure with professional grace
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills with ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Good security management skills and experience
- NGO experience and knowledge of donor requirements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Flexibility, adaptability, culturally sensitive, team player
- Understanding of sexual abuse and exploitation principles
- Experience directly supervising diverse teams.
Collegial and a good sense of humor
Equal Opportunities: YES
Child Safeguarding: YES
Safeguarding and protection of staff: YES
Disaster/Emergency response: 20%
- IRW Somalia Program is inviting applications from qualified/Motivated candidates who are interested to submit their CVs and cover letters explaining, how they meet Job description.
- Each application should be addressed to the HR account: email@example.com include the following:
- An updated CV; and · An application letter
- Academic Qualifications (certificates/Transcripts)
- Copy of your National ID card or passport
- Contact information for three work-related referees.
- Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed.
- Application will be reviewed on rolling basis and whenever we get appropriate person will close the business.Deadline for the Application is 3rdJuly 2021
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. IRW is an equal opportunity employer.