Pharmacy Assistant - Laascaanood
CARE International is an international NGO working in Somaliland. CARE and its partners work with vulnerable communities to address the underlying causes of poverty and promote peace and development, as well as mitigating immediate suffering caused by drought, conflict and displacement. CARE Somalia’s Emergency Program is currently seeking applications from experienced professionals to fill the position of Pharmacy Assistant. The position will be based in Lasanod, Somaliland with frequent travel to the other field offices for project implementation and technical support. This assignment will be for a period of Nine (9) months with possible extension.
The pharmacy assistant will be member of CARE Emergency team in Somaliland and will be based in Erigavo and managing Health and Nutrition Supplies. Under the overall guidance of the Health and Nutrition Managers, he/she will ensure the day to day management of health and nutrition supplies which include; receiving and dispatching medical and nutrition supplies, monitoring stock levels and preparing monthly reports.
Roles & responsibilities
- Receive and dispatch medical and nutrition supplies, commodities against approved documentation ensuring accuracy in physical count of the supplies.
- Ensure that the store/stock is clean from dust and pest and organized in accordance with Care International standards.
- Ensure the warehouse has enough pallets, ventilation and all supplies are on pallets
- Monitor stock levels and physical inventory in line with the stock cards and bin cards
- Prepare and maintain warehouse documents, accurate warehouse transaction records to ensure immediate reporting on medical and nutrition supply movements in line with Care International procedures.
- Perform inspections on the quantity and quality of the supplies received/dispatched and handled, detect any missing items or damaged and prepare reports on regular basis.
- Conduct accurate inventory checks and share reports.
- Ensure all medical, nutrition and WASH supplies have updated bin cards, stock cards and documented.
- Ensure all supplies are dispatched on stock release from the warehouse and all waybills are kept in file.
- Prepare monthly stock balance reports for each medical drug or item in the warehouse.
- Alert program staff one month before of any stock out of medical or nutritional commodities
- Collate all the stock request forms and file them monthly.
- Review requisitions and allocate based on inventory levels at the requesting facility and its past consumption
- Record all items dispatched from the warehouse and file a copy of the signed waybill
- Make a zone for medical drugs that need to be refrigerated or kept in cool temperature and ensure the manufacturer’s storage instructions of all medicines are adhered too to avoid any spoilage.
- Ensure for all medicines with no specific storage instructions are kept in a dry well ventilated place at a room temperature of +15 and +25 C maximum Record the temperatures of the stores on a daily basis at the hottest time of the day.
- Stock any flammable drugs or spirits in a different zone
- Any medical drug such as narcotic or controlled substances should be kept in a locked and secure place to avoid misuse or theft.
- Keep an eye on the expiry date of all medical and nutrition supplies in order to dispatch before expiry date.
- Prepare reports recommending appropriate solutions for disposal of damaged commodities;
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION, KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
- Diploma in Supply chain Management, Pharmacy or equivalent.
- Two years of progressive experience of supplies including at least one year in Stores or Drug management.
- Experience: Administration, Logistics, Statistics or another related field.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali languages
- Knowledge: Experience utilizing computers, including word processing, excel and other General knowledge of INGO policies, rules, regulations and procedures in the area of work.
How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CV with at least 3 professional referees in a one PDF document to SOM.Recruitment@care.org by 29th December, 2019. Please quote the position title “Pharmacy Assistant – Lasanod” on the subject line of the email when applying. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
CARE is Zero Tolerant organization for child abuse and sexual exploitation and abuses.