The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose ICRC exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
PHYSICAL REHABILITATION PROGRAMME FIELD OFFICER
About the Job
The Physical Rehabilitation Programme Field Officer (PRP FO) Contributes to the implementation of the Physical Rehabilitation Programme activities in accordance to agreed objectives and related strategies with a focus to improving quality and capacity of prosthetics and orthotics (P&O) and wheelchair service provision.
S/He supports SRCS Physical Rehabilitation Centres in Hargeisa, Mogadishu, and Galkayo, by conducting regular visits and monitoring the quality of physical rehabilitation services provided.
This is a national/resident position based in Hargeisa, Somaliland
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to the implementation of internal and international P&O standards, overall service provision standards and monitors the quality of the services provided (from registration of the service user to discharge)
- Provides services to more complicated/complex cases with assistance from the PRP Manager and Regional Physiotherapist advisor
- Visits each of the three Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS) Physical Rehabilitation Centres on a monthly basis
- Supports in harmonization of an Interdisciplinary Team between Physiotherapy and Prosthetic-Orthotic departments
- Helps to promote best practices in coordination with the physical rehabilitation team and is actively involved in discussions regarding services offered to complicated/complex cases
- Actively works to improve the Service User Referral Mechanism between SRCS Health and Rehabilitation Programmes, including recording and collection of the relevant statistics
- Ensures the continuum of care by referring individuals in need of further rehabilitation or vocational/ occupational rehabilitation to the appropriate structure after their discharge
- Develops and maintains a strong working relation with different ICRC departments, SRCS and external stakeholders
- Supports the development of the PRP Social Inclusion Program in the form of events and networking related to developing economic- and sport integration
- Reports regularly on the progress of PRP activities and any constraints and monitors the P&O stock consumption in ICRC supported SRCS rehabilitation centres
- Updates the Medical Activities Database (MAD) and submits monthly statistics of the Patient Referral Mechanism (PRM)
- Plans, organizes and carries out technical monitoring, follow-up visits to Physical Rehabilitation Center’s supported by ICRC and shares the progress/activity report
- Participates in the implementation of the annual Beneficiary Feedback and Technical Assessment exercise at each SRCS Physical Rehabilitation Centre and provides clinical and hands on training to the P&O departments to address knowledge and clinical gaps
- Plans, estimates and orders required equipment, tools, material and components
- In a bid to make necessary improvements, documents good practices, lessons learned trends, cross-cutting policy and implementation issues
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
- Bachelor in Orthotics and Prosthetics with at least 1-year professional working experience and wide scope of practice
- Diploma in Orthotics and Prosthetics with at least 4 years professional working experience and wide scope of practice
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team an asset
- Strong sense of responsibility and autonomy
- Strong facilitation, presentation and report writing skills
- Ability to create a focused learning environment at all levels
- Good knowledge of the socio-cultural, economic and political environment of Somaliland
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Somali
- Computer proficiency especially in MS Office suite
- A challenging job opportunity within a dynamic work environment in an international humanitarian organization
- Training and development opportunities
- A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework
How to apply
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager on the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 10th January 2021. Clearly indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to email@example.com.
Click on the link for information on data protection: Personal data protection information