SRCS is an independent, non-political humanitarian organisation. It was established in April 1963 and became a legal entity following Presidential Decree No. 187 in 1965. SRCS has operated continuously throughout the country’s period of civil war and political divide and is credited for its unity as one National Society. It operates through a network of nineteen branches with activities spread all across the country.
SRCS is the largest Primary Health Care provider in the country. It has a workforce of over 900 employees and over 4,000 active volunteers. SRCS runs a network of fixed and mobile clinics providing comprehensive Primary health care and nutrition services to more than two million people, mainly women and children SRCS currently supports about 70 Primary Health Care clinics, three physical rehabilitation centres and one secondary care hospital Keysaney. Other programmes of SRCS includes First Aid & pre-hospital care, Emergency response, Disaster Risk Management, Economic Security and Resilience and Restoration of Family Links support for people separated due to conflicts and disasters.
Overall Job Purpose
The purpose of this position is to provide technical support to programme departments, coordinate implementation of the activities and provide timely reports of activities and programmes implemented in accordance with the project agreements.
Provide technical support and guidance in the design, implementation and evaluation of all SRCS programmes and departments in accordance with the agreed objectives. Coordinate the development of programme guidelines, work-plans and corresponding budgets, including mechanisms for tracking, monitoring and evaluating programme implementation against set targets in order to improve the quality and delivery of programme activities and ultimately maximize programme impact. The position is based at SRCS Coordination Office and the postholder will work with all relevant programme departments.
The post holder will eventually be part of SRCS PMER team, and in addition to the general responsibilities, be responsible for the NSD file at the Coordination office.
Duties, accountabilities & responsibilities
- Provide technical and coordination support to programme departments in Planning, coordinating, monitoring and reporting programmes and activities.
- Coordinate the preparation of programme work plans and budgets based on the approved programmatic framework in compliance with strategic priorities;
- Assist in developing project agreements, indicators and plan of action for the various programmes; • Promote thematic and sectoral synergies and harmonization of programme activities and its execution; • Conduct periodic field visits to ensure effective implementation of programme activities;
- Participate in the development of strategic and sectoral plans and establish milestones and processes; • Establish proper monitoring and evaluation framework to identify areas for improvement and enhance accountability of programme implementation and its impact to strategic objectives;
- Work in close collaboration with the communication department to documents success stories, lessons learned and good practices
- Drafts and finalizes correspondences, agendas, internal presentations, meeting minutes and other documents and shares information among the team.
- Produce and submit timely progress reports against planned activities
National Society Development
- Be responsible for the coordinating and reporting of the NSD and Safer Access Plans of Actions;
- To work closely with all the departments within the SRCS, promote close collaboration with SRCS project management and effective cooperation between the various SRCS departments – HR, Finance, Logistics, Communication and programmes.
- Conduct monitoring visits to branches and field sites when required;
- Assist the Senior Management Team to develop policies and systems and procedures as required;
- Provide technical support in the monitoring and evaluation efforts both at coordination office and the branches.
- Document the lessons learnt to support NS learning and draw recommendations for reforms where and when needed.
- Coordinate with movement partners as needed to ensure and to promote coordination.
- Produce and submit regular consolidated monthly reports of all NSD activities in the Field
- Establish and ensure effective working relationships within SRCS coordination office, branches and with SRCS volunteers.
- Ensure effective working relationships with Movement partners at the field level.
- Ensure effective working relationships with SRCS external partners and stakeholders.
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Understands and adheres to the NS Code of Conduct
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement • Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
- Represents the SRCS in a professional manner at all times
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the NS • May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
- Takes responsibility for his/her own professional learning and development
Educational Qualifications & Professional Training
Qualification in development or related studies
Project management and/or reporting
Experience in PMERL and Learning preferred
Job Competencies & Experience
- Demonstrating consistency in upholding integrity and ethics
- Ability to work as part of a team and promote team work
- Consistently approaches work with energy and positive attitude
- Remain calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Respond positively to critical feedback and differing points of views
- Effective communications and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in computer office packages word, excel, power point.
Demonstrate proficiency in English (need), and Somali (must)
Relevant experience in the field of HR/Organizational Development
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their updated CV, cover letter, and copy of their certificates to: email@example.com
Deadline for Applications: 5th Oct, 2020