Action Against Hunger-USA is part of the Action Against Hunger International network, which provides humanitarian relief in over 40 countries worldwide in the sectors of nutrition, health, water/sanitation, and food security. Action Against Hunger-USA, an independent NGO, currently manages operations in 8 countries: Kenya, South Sudan, Cambodia, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Haiti and Somalia. Action Against Hunger-USA has over $75 million in programs, and approximately 2000 staff based in in the various country offices, Head Quarter in New York City and Operational Centre in Nairobi. Additional growth is anticipated.
The main objectives is to pre-qualify enumerators for the MEAL and research team for Action Against Hunger in Somalia. The enumerators will participate in assessments carried out by AAH and its partners. She /he will carry out data collection activities for assessments and surveys including Baseline survey, KAP, PDM, End line, desk review as well as Data Entry activities and any other duties assigned by the MEAL Team.
Essential job Duties.
- Attend all the required and relevant training sessions and briefings prior to fieldwork
- Understand the questionnaire and the use of data collection devices during the training.
- Accurately collect high quality and reliable data as per field collection plan or as instructed by the supervisor
- Upload all collected data through phone devices on to the assigned platform/server
- Convert Focus Group Discussion (FGDs) and Key Informant Interview (KII) notes into scripts; translate them into English/Somali as required
- Proof read the qualitative research notes before submission to the supervisor, and rectify on the statements with issues.
- Follow the guidelines of data collection manual and specific guidelines for each exercise
- Participate in the analysis and/or learning workshops as requested
- Liaise with the supervisor for any arising issues at the field
- Respect the interview ethics and deal with beneficiaries with utmost respect
- Comply with Action Against Hunger minimum operating standards, Code of Conduct and other protocols
- Perform any other duties assigned by the line Manager
Diploma in social sciences and related disciplines
Required Skills & Competencies.
- Experience in data collection of surveys and assessments
- Experience in qualitative data collection; Focus Group Discussion and Key Informant Interviews
- Experience in Quantitative data collection methodology; Household surveys
- Experience with mobile data collection applications (ex. ODK, ONA,KOBO, Commcare).
- Able to understand interview questions properly and can ask beneficiaries correctly
- Ability to build good working relationships with local authorities, stakeholders and beneficiaries
- Be an active and keen listener
- Fluency in Somali and have good working knowledge of English.
How to apply
Applications, including CV with cover letter and 3 professional references to be sent via email to:
email@example.com not later than 4th August 2020 clearly mentioning the position on the subject line. Enumerators, then indicate the location you are interested to apply.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.