The Puntland Ministry of Health (MoH), headquartered in Garowe, has ultimate oversight over Puntland’s five regional hospitals. The HIV unit is housed at MOH head quarter in Garowe, and the unit is staffed with 6 staff and is headed by the HIV programme manager.
The PSM consultant will sit in the HIV Unit. The consultant will ensure commodities are received and distributed by MoH; the HIV supply forms (Form9) are analyzed. Support HIV commodities to be included into LMIS system, partners are trained, and HIV facilities are capacitated. Also, the consultant will ensure that all HIV commodities are appropriately quantified, and all stock is managed appropriately. The consultant will support in capacity building of PSM team of MOH.
Key Tasks are indicated below.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Stock management between validated minimum and maximum level of stock by strengthening inventory management systems at Health facility level, Minimum stock level of 9 months to be embedded in all the Health facilities and a maximum of 18 months stock to be maintained at the central warehouse/MOH warehouse. This includes buffer stock of 9 months for all the commodities.
- Develop Puntland practical Supply Chain Mapping for HIV Commodities. Clear flow of Receipt and distribution of commodities into Central MOH warehouses and distribution. Instigate measures, webinars with Subrecipients and MOH facilities management team to instill good stock management practice, warehouse management system (WMS)
- Ensure LMIS data captures correctly all HIV commodities at the ART and Hospital facility level, this will include LMIS data quality management, Harmonization of the LMIS. Current data is of Low quality and not accurate for decision making. Developed a data source that consistently track availability of commodities at the facilities.
- Coordinate the existing gaps in data transmission between national and peripheral levels: quarterly and/or annual status reports are not regularly sent to the national level; feedback reports from national level are not regularly sent to lower level warehouses/facilities.
- Enhance sufficient oversight of the national demand forecast function by enhancing the existing annual quantification and semi-annual stock level review analysis exercises, involving national stakeholders and WHO.
- Establish a defined supply chain performance monitoring framework or key performance indicators to use in analyzing supply chain data and informing continuous improvement, tracking progress and effectiveness of supply chain interventions or supporting supply chain policy/operational decisions.
- Strengthen control of expiries and expired drugs including incineration/waste management
- Capacity building for GF HIV PSM medical team to enable the MOH to take over the PSM function In-Country Logistics and Warehouse Management.
Level of Education: Required Master’s degree of Procurement, supply chain management, or Masters in pharmaceutical studies.
Languages needed: Expert knowledge of English and Somali.
Years of work experience in what area(s):
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in procurement and supply chain management
- Prior experience in health commodities management
- Experienced at health facility capacity building and facilitating training and mentoring skills on supply chain management
- Have knowledge in report writing
General skills / Other requirements:
- Ability to work without supervision, identify problems and solutions.
- Good communication skills both reading and writing; Effective interpersonal communication skills and report writing.
- Team player and strong leadership and management skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) Skills in databases including LMIS.
How to Apply
All applications must be sent to email@example.com,
With the following reference as subject in your e-mail: APPLICATION – Procurement, supply chain management Consultant
To be considered, applicants must provide a cover letter, CV, and the contact information (email and phone number) of two professional references by the closing date of this vacancy. Please save your documents in PDF format. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.