Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- In late 2019 parts of Somalia experienced some of the worst flooding in the country’s recent history resulting in several deaths & significant damage to infrastructure, crops, property & livestock. Further to this flood event, a joint assessment was undertaken by the World Bank & the Federal Govt. of Somalia (FGS) to assess the losses & damage caused by the floods & to develop a strategy for immediate recovery & longer term resilience building. As a result the Somalia Crisis Recovery Project (SCRP) was formulated & financed by the World Bank to the Federal Ministry of Finance (MOF). The project aimed at supporting the recovery of livelihoods & infrastructure in flood & drought affected areas & strengthening the capacity for disaster preparedness nationwide is under implementation by the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) of the Federal Govt. of Somalia. The govt. has engaged our client to provide technical assistance to the SCRP implementation. As part of it’s services, our client is recruiting a Procurement Officer to support the PIU’s Procurement Specialist in day to day procurement tasks implementation.
The Procurement Officer embedded within the PIU team will be responsible for supporting the procurement tasks being undertaken by the Procurement Specialist of the PIU. The Procurement Officer will be working under the guidance of the PIU’s Procurement Specialist will assist in the procurement planning & operational activities as outlined below:
- Assist in the preparation of procurement plans in support of SCRP activities implementation.
- Assist in the operational procurement activities processing including in issuing of bid documents, participate in shortlisting of suppliers for invitations for quotations, receipts of bids / quotations, opening of bids / quotations, evaluation of bids / quotations, preparation of evaluation reports & draft contract agreements etc.
- Assist in organizing of the procurements / contracts related project documents & tracking of the individual process / delivery progress.
- Under the guidance of PIU Procurement Specialist, communicate with the implementing partners & the govt. stakeholders on contract delivery matters.
- Assist in the contract administration process including the review of the documents completeness, preparation of payment certificates, following up of the necessary approval process etc. under the guidance of the PIU Procurement Specialist.
- Assist in the preparation of procurement process & contracts delivery progress reports.
- Maintain electronic & hard copy filing of all procurement related correspondences & documents.
- Other tasks & duties requested by the PIU Procurement Specialist to support delivering procurement related services within the overall objective of this position.
- The Procurement Officer will be working under the guidance of the PIU’s Procurement Specialist.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 5 year of experience in Africa (essential).
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience including in the procurement related areas is required.
- Experience in using the World Bank’s procurement procedures is desirable.
- Must be fluent in written & spoken Somali & English.
Other relevant information:
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
- Interested candidates must apply on or before Monday 12th of July 2021 close of business.
- Candidates applying for this role MUST upload a copy of their updated resume on their profiles.