CARE Somalia is an International NGO working in Somalia. CARE and its partners work with vulnerable communities to address the underlying causes of poverty and promote peace and development, through its strategic goal to reduce poverty by empowering women, enhancing access to resources and services, and improving governance.
Job Title: Intern – (WWI)
Project/Department: Urban Youth Program
Supervisor Title: Senior Program Officer
- Position Summary
The overall responsibility of the Intern- Education is Light Project is to support education activities with WWI Project including planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects activities in Puntland under the guidance and leadership of Urban Youth Program, Senior Program Officer. He/she ensures that efficient and effective systems and processes are in place to enable CARE to implement program activities in line with donor requirements. He/she will have frequent interaction with program technical, government and implementing partners.
R1: Project Implementation
- As an intern member of the Waxbarashadu Waa Iftiin project; participate in the smooth implementation of the project activities in Puntland. This will also include collaborate with other urban project/program activities for synergy in the implementation of project activities and cross-learning.
- Participate in important project assessments: Baseline study, school needs assessments, teacher availability studies, TVET feasibility studies and any other studies that the project might undertake in the course of the project life.
- Assist program officers in community mobilization/sensitization on the significance of education.
- Together with project officers; work with Community Education Committees(CECs), school heads, Ministry of Education and Ministry of Health (sometimes the project may invite a MoH guest speaker to give speech or lecture on health and nutrition and CARE will official contact the MoH) to promote life skills, hygiene and nutrition awareness among young learners especially girls in upper classes.
- With support from program officers open up folder for all photos on activities undertaken: before, during and after implementation
- Be a role model to school girls (secondary) to provide motivational talks to girls on the importance of attending school and participation of education in general.
- Supervise project activities.
R2: Project Monitoring and review
- Collaborate with the regional and district officials of the MOE to oversee project implementation.
- Organize and participate in quarterly monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- Ensure that project/program monitoring and evaluation system/tools are applied and project progress (activities and outputs), results and immediate objectives (outcomes) and impacts are systematically tracked, documented and shared as appropriate on the basis of CARE and donors’ requirements.
- Travel to project sites of Education program and conduct regular monitoring of projects together with MOE and project team.
- Ensure the participation of beneficiaries in M&E of project activities including use of the Feedback Complaints and Response Mechanism.
R3. Reporting and representation
- Ensure the timely production of activity, monthly and quarterly reports by collating reports of different field locations into one report and submission to Senior Program Officer or other Key management staff.
- Prepare reports on each field visit conducted and submit to the report to Senior Program Officer or other key management staff.
- Prepare case studies and success stories in the course of your work with the project.
4.1 Undertake any other duties as assigned by the SPOs, Area Managers or other key management staff.
- Working Conditions
Based in Garowe requires substantive travel to project sites covering all the respective regions of Puntland.
- University degree in Education or any other related field.
- A degree in psychology will be added advantage
- Good command of Ms. Office applications
- Strong command of English
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Interest in IT innovations and use of media
- An individual with initiatives and strong team work skills
- Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups
- Establish courses of action for self and others to ensure work completed efficiently and effectively
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates are requested submit their application letter and CV with at least 3 professional reference check via EmailSOM.Recruitment@care.orgby close of business on 5th October 2019. Please include the reference “Program Intern - Garowe”. As subject of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about CARE and its programs, visit www.care.org
CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer, promoting gender, equity and diversity.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Our selection process reflects our Commitment to the protection