The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide and the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Why join WFP Somalia?
who contribute to make Somalia hunger free in close partnership with local partners.
The successful candidate will:
- Support in preparation and implementation of nutrition interventions including Maternal Child Health and Nutrition centre visits during screening, registration, and food distribution.
- Work closely with Nutrition programme Officer to coordinate with implementing partners on timely submission of progress report and summarization of key findings.
- Support in data collection and carry out studies and analysis on the information required for nutrition screening and assessments of Global Acute Malnutrition/Severe Acute Malnutrition.
- Monitor and review the overall commodity movements such as food deliveries, storage, transport, and distribution at the site and verify amounts received have been recorded.
- Support the capacity strengthening initiatives through review and promotion of appropriate materials and curricula; contribute to the development of manuals to disseminate methodologies or standard Cooperating Partners.
- Support in strengthening the networks relevant to nutrition activities especially with communities.
- Support SCOPE and COMET-related processes.
Do you meet the minimum requirements?
- Secondary school education.
- At least three years of experience in food security and nutrition programming. A certified first degree from a recognized university, studying in Social Science, Public Health or Nutrition may be considered in lieu of the years of experience.
- Successfully completed 8-month internship programme with WFP Somalia.
- Proficiency in oral and written communication in Somali and English is a must.
Are you competent for this job?
- Knowledge in any of the following areas is desirable: food security, project management and nutrition.
- Experience utilizing computers including word processing, spreadsheet, and other standard software packages.
Terms and Conditions
Contract Duration: 11 months
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WFP seeks applicants of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
WFP is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Selection of candidates is made on a competitive basis.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.