The Programme Officer reports to the FAO Representative, FAO Somalia.
Operations/Programme Management, Resource Mobilization, Grant negotiation, capacity development and programming support.
Coordination in support of the mobilization of voluntary contributions, focusing on sustainable agriculture, production climate change adaptation and mitigation, environmental restoration, rural development, food and nutrition security, and resilience; facilitation/negotiation/formalisation of grant agreements; decentralized network on Resource Mobilization coordination; capacity development and programming support and marketing; outreach and reporting to partners; guidance and support to units responsible for operating projects.
- Contributes to prepare annual work plans to achieve divisional targets;
- Collaborates in strategic thinking and related plans to further develops and facilitates implementation of the Corporate Resource Mobilization and Management Strategy (RMMS);
- Collaborates with and supports FAO's Strategic Objectives teams, headquarters departments and Decentralized Offices to mobilize resources partnerships in line with defined corporate priorities;
- Facilitates contact with potential partners to explore funding opportunities, supports negotiations of funding agreements and project proposals with governments, international organizations, private sector and civil society partners; maintains effective working relationships with key stakeholders throughout the project cycle, including to support implementation, facilitates monitoring and compliance issues and ensures submission of reports, as required;
- Supports capacity development efforts in support of staff in all locations with regard to Resource Mobilization partnerships through policy development, the production of training material and delivery of training;
- Organizes and facilitates marketing and outreach activities related to FAO's Strategic Objectives and defined priority areas; facilitates donor meetings, events and outreach campaigns;
- Facilitates the global Resource Mobilization and supports Regional Initiatives teams; monitors and reports on key results;
- Performs other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in rural development, international relations, sociology, development economics, social/political science, business or a related field;
- Five years of relevant experience in operations management, international development, donor aid programmes, fundraising, grant negotiations and management;
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable;
- Extent of experience in Resource Mobilization and negotiating funding agreements with bilateral and multilateral institutions;
- Extent and relevance of experience in agricultural development, capacity development, training, knowledge sharing, and international technical cooperation programmes;
- Extent and relevance of experience in institutional collaboration and partnership with governments, private sector and development regional, national and local agencies.