The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include relief assistance, safety-net support including school feeding, nutrition programmes and livelihood support through provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers and capacity strengthening.
This position is open to qualified Somali candidates. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Policy Officer and overall supervision of the Head of Area Office, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Under the guidance of the Programme Policy Officer and overall supervision of the Head of Area Office, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Coordinate the overall rollout and implementation of WFP’s commodity transfer management platform (SCOPE) across all supported programmes under Mogadishu Area Office coverage;
- Provide technical and programmatic support to programme staff and cooperating partners (CPs) on SCOPE including conducting training;
- Support the identification, development and management of potential partnerships to improve food assistance packages;
- Contribute in CBT project design, appraisal and budget processing with guidance to the cooperating partners.
- Serve as liaison officer between AO, Transfer Management Team and the CPs regarding the overall SCOPE process;
- Coordinate registration and capturing of beneficiaries’ biometrics and identification information and enrolment on SCOPE platform;
- Create monthly distribution cycles in SCOPE;
- Coordinate distribution and payment of in-kind, food and cash-based assistance through SCOPE;
- Communicate with cooperating partners on payments made to ensure effective distributions are made; organize top- up of the SCOPE cards for the beneficiaries and assist them in redemption of their entitlements.
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programmes and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Ensure good management of SCOPE equipment in coordination with different functional units and the CPs;
- Update the Area Office SCOPE dashboard;
- Supervise staff in the area of work, providing technical guidance and coaching as required;
- Perform other duties as required.
Education: Advanced university degree in economics, nutrition, health, Agriculture, Social Sciences, business administration or development studies, or first university degree with additional years of related work experience.
Experience: At least two years of postgraduate job experience in development, project management, food or non-food assistance management. Experience in implementing technical programmes like Relief, Safety Nets, Nutrition, Livelihoods and School Feeding programme activities.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience in data management, analysis using excel ? and reporting;
- Good analytical and report writing skills in English;
- Proficiency in using Windows applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access;
- Planning, coordination, organization and monitoring skills;
- Ability to collaborate and negotiate with internal partners across functional units and externally with cooperating partner entities;
- Ability to lead and supervise teams.
Terms and Conditions;
Contract Duration: 1 year (initial)
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WFP seeks applicants of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
WFP is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Selection of candidates is made on a competitive basis.