I STAND programme builds on the achievements and experiences gained from the previous Bilateral Labour-Intensive Stabilisation (BLIS) program also funded by the Norwegian government and implemented by NIS in conjunction and close coordination with national federal government and federal member states between June 2016 to July 2019. Similarly, the current I-STAND program seeks to support the implementation of Somalia federal government policies across a range of sectors, all working in different ways to achieve greater stability and better prospects for the country’s longer-term development goals and inclusive post-conflict society which recognizes the value of diversity and gender equality.
As a part of the interventions under green module, NIS will procure, transport and install 50 solar lights for Garbaharey, 50 for Dhoobley and the construct/rehabilitate of small sports fields in Dhoobley and organize NETS activities.
Position’s Overall Objectives
The Project Assistant will be part of Programe Stabilization team. The incumbent will closely work with local authorities and partners in implementing the Solar street light installation and Restoration of local sport ground with Sport materials in Dhobely
The Project Assistant will take the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Act as primary link between the assigned target community and NIS-Foundation.
- Responsible for assisting the local authorities in engaging and mobilising the community to identify their needs and potential community resources to meet the needs.
- Liaise with local authorities and community leaders and maintain good relationship with target communities.
- Facilitate community meetings and discussions for the local authorities and document their discussion points.
- Support local authorities in forming steering committee and help to develop a work plan.
- Facilitate the steering committee to create awareness and mobilise local community to work together in finding solutions to the local problems.
- Document dialogue and discussion meetings between the steering committee and community groups such as youth, women, minority groups and elders
- Support the local authorities and other partners in conducting community engagement by ensuring the participation of key community sectors including women, youth, and religious leaders.
- Monitor and document the project activities and report directly to the NIS sub office in Jubaland and Country office in Mogadishu.
- Monitor the solar maintenance technicians and how they perform their responsibilities
- Ensure good cooperation with local authorities and local community in implementing the project activities.
- Update the Programme Manager and Security Manager on security incidence in the project area that can affect the programme.
- Share weekly and monthly update with the Programme Manager.
· Additional tasks as given by his/her line Manager.
· Diploma in Project management, Community Development, Monitoring and Evaluation
· Worked with community-based organizations or indigenous organizations.
· Extensive local knowledge and understanding about local context very well.
· Capable of establishing good working relationship with the local partners.
· With basis computer skill.
The employee will be accountable for and evaluated on the responsibilities and the competencies, based on NIS’s Performance Management System. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
· The Job Description
· The individual work and professional development plan
· The competency framework
How to apply:
Only those interested candidates who meet the profile stated should submit their applications accompanied by a detailed CV, with three reputable referees, contact details (e-mail, telephone) to the following link: