Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- Our client is an operational arm of the UN, supporting the successful implementation of its partners' peacebuilding, humanitarian & development projects around the world. They support their partners to build a better future by providing services that increase the efficiency, effectiveness & sustainability of peace building, humanitarian & development projects. Mandated as a central resource of the UN, our client provides sustainable project management, procurement & infrastructure services to a wide range of govt's., donors & UN organizations.
- With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, our client offers its partners the logistical, technical & management knowledge they need, wherever they need it. A flexible structure & global reach mean that the organization can quickly respond to partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale. Our client in Somalia is a good example of where they can be increasingly involved in complex implementation in areas of peace & security with multi million dollar projects to support police development & justice involving countless stakeholders in a hugely complex & politically charged environment.
- The Project Coordinator reports to the Senior Project Manager who provides broad supervision & guidance. The role is responsible for supporting the Senior Project Manager with coordinating & liaising with Somaliland National Electoral Commission (NEC) counterparts & working group focal points on all NEC related matters. The Project Coordinator will also work closely with the NEC in providing support to deliver the combined parliamentary & local elections. S / He will maintain a close eye on the political & technical developments, identify probable issues that may need the Senior Project Managers attention, support in problem analysis & solution identification as necessary, coordinate resolution as per action items assigned & prepare reports as needed.
- Coordinate & organize meetings between team members, EU & govt. as appropriate.
- Prepare, record, circulate & archive minutes as appropriate.
- Contribute to the dissemination & sharing of best practices & lessons learned for planning & knowledge building.
- Communicate with team members to ensure optimal strategy & maximum efficiency.
- Keep all members of the teams up to date with the current political & election processes in Somaliland.
- Facilitate dialogue among our client & NEC counterparts to support the national efforts to implement the national election agenda & identify critical areas of targeted support.
- Manage the information flows between our client & the NEC.
- Regularly monitor & analyse the political, social & economic situation & related election developments, to identify potential implications & opportunities.
- Develop & maintain relationships with counterparts in country & other project partners to ensure successful implementation.
- Liaise with key personnel of project partners to ensure adequate & timely technical inputs to the project.
- The Project Coordinator reports to the Senior Project Manager who provides broad supervision & guidance.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 5 year of experience in Africa (essential).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Policy, Political & / or Social Sciences, International Relations or other relevant discipline with a combination of 2 additional years of relevant professional experience.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant & progressive professional experience, specifically in the field of political affairs & elections with focus on monitoring, reporting, development & coordination is required.
- A proven track record with at least 3 years’ experience in coordination is an asset.
- Relevant experience working in developing / post conflict countries is an asset.
- Work experience in the East Africa region is desirable.
- Fluency in written & spoken English & Somali languages is required.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision & direction.
- Capable of working with others in a participatory & capacity building manner.
Other relevant information:
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.