CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
The Site Engineer provides technical assistance and expertise with reference to the construction works as well as field coordination, ensuring high quality and consistency of work, for the construction works. The Site Engineer promotes a collaborative, client focused, quality and results-oriented approach in the Project Team.
1. General construction
- Plan and coordinate work activities with the Project Manager.
- Take timely action to prevent potential delays and/or cost overruns that can be avoided.
- Report and recommend remedial actions regarding potential delays and/or cost overruns to the Project Manager.
- Provide supervision of project work progress and quality for on-time project delivery.
- Monitor contractor’s progress on the project site, including Bill of Quantities (BoQ) as per approved contract.
- Provide data and information about project work to Project Manager for reporting purposes.
- Provide daily/weekly/monthly reports to the Project Manager detailing all project matters including quality, health and safety, environmental and financial, as well as any issues relating to possible delays, cost overruns, variations and any other matter as agreed with the Project Manager
2. Construction supervision
- As tasked by the Project Manager, supervise construction works and administer works execution as per the contractual provisions and the design specifications.
- Ensure quantity/quality control and time schedule consistency.
- Verify that works are consistent with the project technical specifications and inform promptly of eventual deviations.
- Support the overall management of works implementation to ensure constructions works are completed on time, within budget and to quality standards.
- Provide regular supervision of the project work progress and quality for on time delivery.• Ensure our client's Health Safety and Environment standards are adopted by the contractors.
The effective and successful achievement of results by the Site Engineer directly impacts on achievement of the projects and consequently reinforces the visibility and image of our client as an effective service provider in project services and management and strengthens its competitive position as a partner of choice in sustainable development and project services.
Project reporting: The Site Engineer will report to the Project Manager.
- Essential qualification: Bachelors of Civil Engineering
- Desirable qualification: master/degree in Civil Engineering
- Full working knowledge of English is essential.
- Knowledge of a local language is required.
Team management: This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience, related to the Building & Infrastructure construction and site supervision is required.
- Work experience in post-conflict/ fragile environments is desirable.
- Some experience in the UN system organizations and/or a developing country is desirable. Experience Working with AutoCAD or any other cad software.
We do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization's page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.