I. Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill Project Manager position in Hargeisa.
I. Position Profile
The FSL PM is responsible for the provision of management and support as well as planning and guidance on activities within the area of FSL. Moreover, he/she supports the Project Teams in the planning, design, implementation, supervision, and development and administration of FSL interventions.
II. Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure effective implementation of ACTED Food Security programming in accordance with program requirements and in line with Donor regulations, WHO and international standards;
- Coordinate and work closely with Program Team throughout programme planning, design implementation and monitoring and evaluation
- Oversee selection and repair of selected water sources;
- Conduct capacity-building for community groups and staff in the area of food security
- Be responsible for providing Technical guidance on all Food Security components of programmes in the mission, giving support to the Program team and the implementing partners during planning, designing and implementation of Food Security activities.
- Provide technical leadership and support program staff in the design of a medium to long-term interventions, which address current emergency needs but which takes a longer-term view in enhancing mitigation to future crises and accountable management of resources.
- Together with program team, implement Food Security activities in line with the programme proposals and donor requirements and ensure timely production of and submission of programme reports and budget revisions
- Continuously review Food Security strategy and programme approaches to appropriately address and accommodate emerging field context
- Participate in conducting joint assessments and planning responses together with other team and follow up on the recommendations
- Propose innovative Food Security approaches relevant to the fragile context including on climate change, food resource management, food quality, food security etc.
- Ensure that there is creative and holistic approach to Food Security programming, assist the team in finding ways to integrate/link and combine food security promotion with Health, Nutrition, and Livelihoods etc.
- To provide guidance and training to program staff to ensure that all work is carried out in a way that is sensitive to community needs and gender issues
- To provide technical expertise and guidance to staff as appropriate, in (for example, but not limited to) assessment, monitoring, evaluation, reporting (Internal and Donor Reports), financial management, proposal development, technical design of water and sanitation facilities and the exercise of judgment skills.
- Participate proactively and contribute in the food security cluster meetings and, at a technical level engage with UN agencies and line ministries as needed.
- Work closely with field teams on objectives, indicators and activities and develop clear monitoring frameworks for each program in collaboration with the M & E Officers
- Ensure the development, implementation and periodic review of detailed annual implementation plans for the various Food Security projects
- Provide translation of various documents (e.g. reports, minutes, beneficiary lists, information signs) upon needs
- Perform any additional task as requested by the line Manager
III. Qualifications/Skills Required
Essential qualifications and experience:
- A Degree/Masters in related field.
- More than five years’ experience in working/programming in either emergency/relief or development, including managing community-based food projects with evidence of successful implementation of similar projects
- Background in implementation of projects with a component of
- Experience in project design, proposal writing, needs assessments, surveys, and information management.
- Experience in supervising, training, and coaching staff
- Ability to conduct and effectively communicate community Food Security needs assessment, program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Food Security activities.
- Computer literacy (MS Office), English & Somali fluency is the minimum requirements.
- Experience of working in a team and coordinating the work of project staff of different cultural backgrounds.
- Able to handle, prioritize, multiple tasks simultaneously.
How to apply:
I. Application Procedure:
Qualified Somali National with the required skills and qualifications are invited to submit their detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document (i.e. the cover letter should be on the first page and the CV should start on the second page of the same document) to email@example.com and received on or before 04th July 2019 with the subject line “PROJECT MANAGER: HARGEISA”. Applications sent after the deadline will not be considered.
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.