12 Months with possible extension
19 April 2019
Tadamun Social Society (TASS) is a National, Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), Non-profit, and Non-political organization that was established in1992 by national intellectuals who felt the importance and need in the region, its headquarters is in Bosaso, its sub-offices are in Garowe, Gardo, and Galkaio. TASS operates in both humanitarian and development sectors; education, protection, health WASH, Livelihood and Youth empowerment. TASS is currently implementing Somali girl’s education promotion project (SOMGEP-T) in Sanaag, Hayland and Karkaar.
Primary purpose of the position
TASS is seeking a qualified and committed individual to join the TASS team in Bosaso as Project officer for the implementation of Somali girl’s education promotion project (SOMGEP-T) in Sanaag, Hayland and Karkaar. He/she will be responsible for the overall management of the project. His/her role includes:
implement project activities to ensure that the activities in each results area are implemented in accordance with the project agreement, monitor the procurement of goods and services for the project and ensure execution of the project as per requirement and provide reports to project Manager.
Competence, experience, skills, knowledge needed
- Work with CECs, school head-teachers and students for the development of school improvement plan with regional education officers and district education officers.
- Work with village saving and loan association groups for the developing of viable business plans and provision of ongoing coaching.
- Ensure linkage and synergy to be created across TASS projects within the same constituent
- Ensure active participation and involvement of beneficiaries and relevant stakeholders including children, mothers and education authorities
- Prepare field reports , success stories and conduct follow ups and submit the reports on timely manner in accordance with TASS
- Play proactive role in addressing key girl’s educational challenges, girls’ enrollment and girl’s retention at schools
- Able to work with teams and minimum level of supervision
- Provide support to other SOMGEP-T project staff responsible for the implementation of the project
- Excellent report writing skills and Good command of English both written and Spoken
- Any other duties assigned by project manager
- Must be able and willing to travel to project sites regularly
HOW TO APPLY:
- University degree in Education, Social science and psychology or similar field
- Minimum of 3-5 years working experience in development aid
- Strong project management skills and relevant experience in fragile context in management level
- Strong knowledge and proven working experience in livelihood in both humanitarian and development aid
- Strong computer skills: must be competent in the use of Windows, MS office programs (Word, Excel), email programs.
- Willingness to travel remote villages.
If you think you qualify for the position, please send your application letter together with curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate SOMGEP-T project officer; as subject line when applying by email. Deadline 19th April 2019 @ 4:00 PM.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the written test and oral interview. TASS is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidate are highly encouraged to apply.