Project Officer: Cash & Food Assistance
The Project Officer will be responsible for quality and timely implementation of projects in the district; ensuring that projects take place on-time, to the intended beneficiaries and in accordance with the provided donor guidelines and ensuring that all the necessary documentation is generated correctly. S/he will also represent World Vision in meetings for donor(s), local authority, state government and other key stakeholders. The job holder will also be responsible for maintaining communication with the project sub-grantees.
- Participate in project design and proposal development.
- Project implementation of cash & voucher activities.
- Foster external and internal engagement to promote awareness of the program, support fund-raising efforts, and facilitate coordination.
- Promote accountability, compliance and good stewardship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture/ Agricultural Extension/ Business Administration, Social Sciences or related field.
- At least three years of experience in project management and managing of sub-awards to sub-recipients.
- Proven ability to manage partnership relationships including effective coordination with donors and host country government.
- Must be able to build collaborative relationships, network and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders to facilitate and negotiate mutually satisfactory outcomes.
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in managing Food for Peace and World Food Program Projects.
The position will be based in Luuq, Jubaland state with regular travel to other field locations for donor and stakeholders engagements.
World Vision adheres to strict child and adult safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks which will include criminal background checks. They will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Academic certificates will be verified with the issuing institution.