The Project Officer- Economic Development, Bureau of Humanitarian Affairs (BHA) will ensure the successful implementation and monitoring of Economic Development/Empowerment interventions aimed at contributing to improved children wellbeing outcomes within the BHA project. S/he will work closely with farmer groups, village savings associations and relevant ministries to promote farming as a business, and facilitate entrepreneurship amongst project beneficiaries.
- Ensure accurate and quality in PDDs based on the partnership approved ED PMs (Savings Groups, Business Facilitation and Local Value Chains Development, Micro-Finance)
- Ensure proper and timely implementation of ED interventions in the Projects as per approved PDDs, WVS standards and donor requirements.
- Develop quality reports (CWB, Annual, Semi-annul and Monthly Management Reports) in-line with WV reporting guidelines;
- Build the capacity of communities and partners on monitoring including using Savings Groups MIS, MFI, BF, Agribusiness and/or LVCD data collection forms.
- Ensure that the key laws, polices, regulations and government service delivery standards in Economic Development/Empowerment are shared, interpreting and explained to communities
- Facilitate community members to advocate on Economic Empowerment issues to relevant stakeholders;
- Promote accountability, compliance and good stewardship.
- Bachelors degree in Business Management/Agribusiness/ Agricultural Economics/Agricultural Marketing /Public health economics or related field.
- A minimum of two years working experience in health Economic Development/Agricultural Development/Agribusiness/Agro-finance projects at community level.
- Experience in community engagements, partnerships including Ministries of Trade, Cooperatives, Planning, Social Services and Agriculture,
- Have practical business knowledge with an emphasis on marketing and financial management.
- Research, monitoring and evaluation skills is an added advantage
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The position is field based in Hargeisa, Somaliland.
World Vision adheres to strict child and adult safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks which will include criminal background checks. They will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Academic certificates will be verified with the issuing institution.