The Project Officer: Food Security & Livelihoods will offer technical support to the project management team and guide/supervise partners, ensuring high-quality, accountable, community-focused project design and implementation with a bias towards Crop Production, Livestock Production, Natural Resource Management and Economic Development
- Assist the project management team and guide/supervise partners, ensuring high-quality, accountable, community-focused project design and implementation.
- The position-holder will drive project implementation, ensuring projects take place on-time, on-target and within budget.
- Participate in the planning and implementation so that project end on-time, on-target and within budget.
- Participate in promoting sector growth, through the development of concept notes, exploring alliances with key stakeholder and cluster engagement.
- Promote awareness and compliance with donor and World Vision policy and procedures;
- He/she will provide support for the development of community driven and integrated programming through participation in assessments, design, monitoring, evaluation and joint-planning of projects.
- The position holder will spearhead capacity building efforts to farmer community groups and partners, developing context appropriate training materials, organizing and facilitating trainings, and monitoring community uptake.
- The incumbent will support external engagement with relevant government ministries, INGO/NGOs to promote coordination and cooperation, taking leadership roles when appropriate.
- Bachelors degree in Agriculture/Agriculture Education & Extension/Animal Production/ Home Economics/ Farm Management/Sustainable Agriculture or other related field;
- Four years of experience in similar position, with good understanding on project implementation.
- Proven problem solving and decision making skills.
- Working with pastoralist livestock communities in development matters, advocacy and governance, gender mainstreaming, children rights.
- Community mobilization skills.
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills.
The position is field-based in Burco, Somaliland with frequent travels to the project sites in the field.
World Vision adheres to strict child and adult safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks which will include criminal background checks. They will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Academic certificates will be verified with the issuing institutions.