Project Officers (WASH) (2 Positions) -Puntland and Somaliland
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is a global humanitarian organization with a mission to work with people in poverty and distress to create just and positive change. ADRA Somalia belongs to the world wide network, comprised of more than 130 supporting and implementing country offices. ADRA Somalia is seeking to recruit 2 Project Officers (WASH) to be based in Puntland and Somaliland respectively.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct regular visits to project sites to monitor the implementation of activities, gather feedback from beneficiaries and submit detailed report about the activities and findings
- Assist plan activities with the community to reduce WASH related risks.
- Support Program Manager in the supervision of construction and rehabilitation works.
- Collect and record data routine activities and share it with the Program Manager.
- Assist to identify needs and opportunities by conducting training needs assessments.
- Collect data on project indicators and maintain an updated database on project progress
- Assist in tracking project performance at community level and report, monitor and follow up on project activities.
- Planning and mobilizing for triggering.
- Introduction and rapport building.
- Triggering the community.
- Managing the trigger moment.
- Action planning by community.
- Support the program team to record and analyze monitoring data for reporting and timely communicate the results of analysis to inform programme decision making
- Conduct surveys and analyze data on a quarterly basis and make recommendations to improve the project based on the findings
- Support the Project Manager to prepare periodic project reports based on accurate and evidence-based data/information
- Support the Monitoring and Evaluation team in the tracking of outcome of activities evidenced by accurate data to enhance quality of reporting
- Identify and document human interest stories and case studies based on the successes of implemented projects
- Providing support, guidance and community mobilisation through regular meeting/trainings/workshops/ and exchange visit in order that they move forward to develop their own responses to various project needs without dependence on external resources
- Degree in Water Engineering, Water Technology or Civil Engineer.
- Diploma holders with over 5 years experience will also be considered.
- Experience in borehole rehabilitation and constructions.
- Experience in community participatory approaches.
- Strong data collection and collation skills, processing, analysis and report writing.
- Good computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and database software programs.
- Experience working with civil society groups and government authorities.
- Good negotiating skills.
How to apply:
If you meet the above requirements, please send your application letter and Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com not later than 20th March 2020. When applying kindly indicate the region where you interested to work. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Applicants to provide current, preferred location and expected salary.
‘’ADRA Somalia is committed to upholding the rights of all children and vulnerable adults that we serve and those we interact with in the course of our work. We endevour to protect all from all forms of abuse and exploitation as outlined in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and Inter Agency Standing Committee (IASC) six core principles on Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA). ADRA Somalia has zero tolerance to abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries and staff.’’