OVERVIEW OF CTG
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
Project Surveyor will be responsible for the day to day surveying activities for the program and reporting directly to the Project Manager.
The Project Surveyor shall perform, the following duties and responsibilities:
Project surveyor consultant will report to project manager and will prepare monthly and weekly reports on survey works.
This consultant role does not have team management function.
§ Bachelor's degree in Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering is required..
§ Minimum of 5 years of demonstrable relevant Engineering – Civil experience.
§ Minimum of 2 year of experience in Africa (desirable).
§ Fluency in English and Somali are essential.
Essential qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
• Have five (5) years of relevant professional surveying experience in the engineering sector, and demonstrated ability to manage and perform multiple tasks efficiently
• Prior experience with UN or INGO is desirable
• Experienced in principles and practices of land surveying;
• Knowledge of the practices, equipment and techniques of drafting and map preparation;
• Ability to use surveying and drafting instruments and perform computer computations through use of survey software;
• Attention to detail and ability to effectively organize time and anticipate, plan and successfully respond to changing circumstances;
Essential: Fluent in both oral and written Somali and English.
Other relevant information:
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should create a profile and apply on CTGcareers website through the below link:
Please refer to the vacancy number: VAC-2585.