Overview of position
Our client has been requested by the EU to provide support by filling in the identified gaps with flexible tools and mechanisms by establishing a Partnership Coordination Facility for Somalia. Coordinated efforts are essential in order to transform Somalia into a more resilient economy with greater security, gender equity, improved human development, stronger infrastructure, and better access to basic services that are delivered by accountable governmental institutions.
One of the objectives of the project is to contribute to strengthening the resilience of Somali communities to cope with, adapt and recover from recurrent shocks. In addition, to improve resilience and livelihoods to enhance youth employment for rural communities and urban households in Somalia. In a context of predictable and protracted natural disasters and humanitarian crises, such positive transformation, which strengthens the ability of current and future generations to meet their needs and withstand crises, requires bridging the gap between emergency and rehabilitation.
- The primary point of contact for the COVID-19 Ministry of information and EU campaign for Somaliland
- Maintain a clear and productive line of contact with staff members to ensure that tasks are delegated coordinated properly
- Design and implement the COVID-19 campaign
- Ensure that the most urgent areas of need for COVID-19 information in the community are being addressed just as promptly as they should be in order to facilitate better potential outcomes and well informed throughout the population.
- Engage and educate the Somaliland community about COVID-19 and the preventative measures.
- Act as a liaison with community and partners to further the campaigns goals for community and education
This position reports to the Project Manager
Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision and direction. Capable of working with others in a participatory and capacity building manner.
- Degree in media, journalism, communications, public relations or related field in humanities from a recognized institution and five years of experience working in a media environment. Having a postgraduate degree with similar experience will be preferred.
- Experience in analysis and report writing
- Excellent written and oral communication in Somali
- High level interpersonal skills including the ability to build relationships internally and externally, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills
How to apply
Interested candidates please apply through the below link: https://recruitmentctg.force.com/xcdrecruit__Site_ExternalPositionDetail...