Islamic Relief Somalia (IRS) has been operating in Somalia since 2006 and has responded to conflict and drought affected people through provision of life saving assistance. Through our projects, IR has continuously been providing safe drinking water, improving hygienic sanitation facilities, increasing hygiene awareness, particularly to ones living in IDP camps; empowering the urban poor and distressed working children, engaging in conflict management and mitigation and strengthening of community cohesiveness and co-existence.
These are 7 positions of Scope Registrars those will be based at Badhan and conduct regular field visits to register, verify and follow up Baxnaano and Locust response project’s Beneficiaries
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand and apply all projects implementation procedures and guidelines including enhancing knowledge and complete understanding on site selection guiding notes, selection committee’s identification guidelines, vulnerability mapping procedures, beneficiary’s selection criteria and covid-19 & Protection risks mitigation mainstreaming protocols
- Provision of enough Introduce of the project to the communities and disseminate the project information across all classes of the society in the target villages including project details, target beneficiaries and selection processes
- Participation of community’s discussion and consultation process and contribute to identify the most appropriate community selection committees
- Conduct beneficiary mobilization in all target villages.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to be accountable to beneficiaries as it is a key Islamic Relief worldwide commitment to beneficiaries.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of SCOPE registration equipment including cards, computers, phone and mPOS;
- Conduct manual registration of the beneficiaries and ensure that correct and complete information to be captured with mitigation of covid-19 risks
- Undertake registration of all beneficiaries with their alternate and other family members in SCOPE using biometric registration system.
- Validate beneficiary’s data in SCOPE i.e. updating of records for those already registered to ensure their household information is up to date.
- Sensitize beneficiaries on the cash value entitlement to be received on monthly basis, duration and how/where the cash assistance will be received/ redeemed.
- Provide reports and feedbacks on beneficiary management including identified gaps, and challenges in the course of beneficiary registration;
- Collate data and contribute to the preparation of reports on SCOPE related issues and provide information for better decision-making by stakeholders including selection process and requirements
- Assist Protection risks survivors and advise via existing referral bath ways
- Disseminate project visibilities and establish appropriate and accessible Complaint & Responses Mechanisms in the target sites and introduce beneficiaries to address their concerns to the available CRMs if any
- Prepare and submit monthly reports and regular/activity/site visit reports on regular bases
- Perform other functions as requested by the immediate supervisor
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Effective Communication.
- Creativity and Initiative.
- Leadership and Negotiation.
- Performance Management.
- Performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing.
- Adapting in work Environment and quick learner
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Strictly follow on organizational polices and procedure’s, and respect organizational principles at all times and keep organizational confidentiality
- Demonstrate capacities to establish and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with government officials, local organizations, communities and other stakeholders.*
- Minimum Diploma in Social Work, Community Development, ICT, agricultural science, agronomy,
- Secondary certificate or equivalent certified informal education and ICT Qualification
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Good technical knowledge on Computer usage and simple configurations and benefices
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in SCOPE Registration using Biometric system with an international NGO
- Excellent spoken and written communication in English and interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office and diagnostic scientific software.
- Excellent computer skills, GIS applications skills are added advantage.
Additional job responsibilities
Islamic Relief is equal opportunity employer, however encourages female candidates to apply
How to apply
IRW Somalia Program is inviting applications from qualified/Motivated candidates who are interested to submit their CVs and cover letters explaining, how they meet Job description.
- Each application should be addressed to the HR account: email@example.com and include the following:
- An updated CV; and · An application letter
- Academic Qualifications (certificates/Transcripts)
- Copy of your Somali National ID card or passport.
- And contact information for three work-related referees.
- Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. IRW is an equal opportunity employer.
Note: Please make sure the job title in the mail subject line is clear as SCOPE Registrar -Badhan.