Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and
committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
OXFAM PURPOSE: To work with others to find lasting solutions to poverty and suffering
TEAM PURPOSE: To deliver efficient, cost effective and quality operations, and technical and professional advice and expertise to develop and implement Oxfam’s strategic roles.
JOB PURPOSE: To strengthen Oxfam’s Mogadishu responses by managing the security in Mogadishu office and for travelers in line with Oxfam policies and procedures..
- Flexibility to anticipate and resolve challenges within corporate or divisional parameters, with moderate scope.
- Influence managers, staff and volunteers in Oxfam and develop effective networks with external bodies.
- Ensure Health and Safety procedures are followed at specific sites.
- Continue to support security risks assessment and support the development of appropriate security plans in a complex and fast changing environment
- Establish or build upon existing relationships with other NGO’s, Agencies particularly security staff and government departments, establishing comprehensive information sharing network.
- Participate to the INSO Security Meetings and other security related meetings when the PM is not available and share the meeting details with the security management.
- Maintain & implement security plans & evacuation procedures to ensure the safety & security of OXFAM staff & assets.
- Perform the role of field level security focal point.
- Ensure compliance with Govt, donor, tax policies and procedures and ensure risks are kept to a minimum.
- Facilitate and process visa of international travelers as and when required and facilitate Oxfam registration process
- Facilitate small procurements for day to day office work in coordination with Logistics Coordinator
Transport and communication
- Ensure Field level rental Fleet, Rental Drivers or Oxfam drivers comply with Oxfam vehicle and driver policies and that an effective fleet management system is established with minimum risks to Oxfam.
- Train drivers in the maintenance and running vehicles, security and travel protocols, and standard procedures.
- Oversee the regulation of the use of vehicles and communications equipment.
- To oversee the installation, programming, adequate use and maintenance of communications
- equipment such as radios, sat-phones, telephones, fax and V-sat or other mode of internet connection in the field.
- Ensure that Health and safety facilities are in place (Clearly marked exit points, Maintain functional Firefighting Equipment, First Aid Kits, and related installations)
- To Ensure adequate supply of Hibernation Kits in case of Emergency.
- Being a point of contact for a range of staff and external partners
- Liaise with CO logistics and hotels for any accommodation arrangements and office maintenance
- Monitor and advice on security situation and, together with the Project managers, support appropriate actions to be undertaken in the field in relation to changes in the security environment.
- Work in close collaboration with the Program Team, Project Managers, and Country Security Manager to monitor and ensure that appropriate physical means are in place to ensure safety/evacuation of staff in their respective duty stations.
- Conduct security assessment for any travel and movement of national and international staff and advise travelers and line manager.
- Conduct Security briefing for staff and visitors
- Assist the Security Manager in completing and conducting SRAs and other security management work.
- Provide daily briefing regarding the overall security situation to Security Manager and other relevant staff in Mogadishu Office.
- Inform security manager by reporting and alerting about any security incident
- Assist the Security Manager in any other security related day to day matters as and when arise.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Business Management Bachelor degree or Equivalent qualification from a recognized and accredited institution of Higher learning.
- Proven experience of at least 2 years in security management – including developing and implementing security policy/protocol excellent organizational, problem-solving and negotiation skills. The ability to remain calm
- whilst deal with conflicting priorities/work under pressure is essential.
- The ability to take the initiative and work independently as well work as a team player – supporting other departments is essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal English) and the ability to write clear, concise reports.
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of Mogadishu situation and clan dynamics.
- Excellent command of English and local languages.
- Must be committed to Oxfam core values and goals.
- Understanding the humanitarian industry.
- Computer Knowledge.
- Must have analytical skills.
Please apply the position by clicking the below link. Application Deadline on 05th February 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.