CARE International is an international NGO working in Somalia. CARE and its partners work with vulnerable communities to address the underlying causes of poverty and promote peace and development, as well as mitigating immediate suffering caused by drought, conflict and displacement.
CARE Somalia’s Program Support Unit is currently seeking applications from experienced professionals to fill the position of Senior Procurement Officer. The position will be based in Garowe, Somalia with frequent travel to the other field offices regularly.
1. Position Summary.
The senior procurement officer will be responsible all procurement activities in Puntland and to ensure adherence to policy and procedures. Ensure that procurement activities and the receipt of goods and services are timely, accurate and efficient. Also, ensure the weekly preparation of the Procurement Status Report (PSR) and identify issues on the report and provide recommendations for problem resolution.
Ensure that there is a vendor list with adequate vendors in each sector and ensure quality of goods & services provided at a good price.
1. Roles & responsibilities
21. Procurement Process.
- Responsible purchasing activities and work relating to procurement and supply for Puntland ongoing programs including specifications, quotes, ordering, packaging, storage and transportation of supplies;
- Liaise with the procurement manager and the head of office to ensure timely processing of procurement requests and delivery of the same to the required destinations following the laid down procedures and donor regulations;
- Provides a quality procurement status reports to the management on a weekly basis and follow up procurement requests as appropriate;
- Liaise with other country procurement units to ensure that supplies ordered from other locations are followed up and delivered to the intended sites in a timely manner;
- Ensure proper understanding and adherence to donor and CARE rules and regulations in all sub offices and that all procurement documents are timely completed, have complete and accurate support documentation and are appropriately filed;
- Ensure that procurement procedures are fully complied with the donor’s regulations and CARE policies;
- Provide secretarial and technical support to the sub office procurement Committees while evaluating the bids and ensure the compliance and the other guidelines.
- Participate the annual vendor evaluations through a fair and competition processes.
- Ensure that each sub office has an updated and approved vendor list.
2.2 Staff Management and Development.
- · Monitor performance of direct reports and coordinate the annual and mid-year performance activities, including preparation of staff IOP and APAA;
- Directly supervise the work of direct reports and collaborate with the indirect reports;
- Provide support through coaching, mentoring and training opportunities to direct supervisee to enable them meet challenging performance objectives;
- Identify opportunities for development and recommend training;
- Initiate, evaluate and propose any staffing changes such as recruitment for new staff, promotion, termination, remuneration adjustments for existing staff.
1.3 General Responsibilities & Administration.
- Attend various procurement meetings as needed;
- Communicate with staff on various program support issues;
- ·Any other duties as assigned by the Operations
- Through the Procurement committee, determines required vendors to supply goods and services as per CARE regulations and procedures.
- Coordinate other counterpart agencies and acquire all necessary related market information’s
- Perform and other duties assigned by your supervisor.
1. Qualifications (minimum requirements)
- University Degree or equivalent qualification and experience, understanding of donor regulations
- CIPS desirable
- 5 Years experience in an NGO setting
- Sufficient MS Office computer literacy, Accounting softwares such people soft will be an additional advantage
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates are requested submit their application letter and CV with at least 3 professional reference check via email SOM.Recruitment@care.org by close of business on 15th August 2019. Please include the reference “Senior Procurement Officer – Garowe, PL Somalia. As subject of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about CARE and its programs, visit www.care.org
CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer, promoting gender, equity and diversity.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Our selection process reflects our Commitment to the protection of children