CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
CTG is looking for long & short term Social Safeguards Consultants based in Somalia or Somali speaking candidates intimately familiar with the rural areas in different states to lead or support on the production of social assessments, resettlement policy frameworks, labour management plans & stakeholder engagement plans for a range of human development & livelihoods projects.
Candidates must be able to gauge social assessments identify potential risks, impacts & mitigation measures, including:
- Threats to human security through the escalation of personal, communal or interstate conflict, crime or violence.
- Risks that project impacts fall disproportionately on disadvantaged or vulnerable individuals & groups or that they are excluded from project benefits.
- Negative economic & social impacts relating to involuntary resettlement or restrictions on land use.
- Risks related to conflict or contestation over land & natural resources.
- Impacts on the health, safety & well being of workers & project affected communities.
- Risks of sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment to communities, project beneficiaries or project workers.
This role reports to the Project Manager.
The candidate must have:
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences (Anthropology, Sociology, or related field).
- Excellent knowledge & understanding of the environmental & social framework.
- At least 5 years development project experience preferably in Somalia on infrastructure development projects.
- An understanding of vulnerable & marginalized groups in different parts of Somalia & how to include them in consultations & project benefits.
- Proven experience of carrying out social assessments & resettlement action plans for human development & livelihoods projects in Somalia.
- Understanding of land tenure systems both formal, informal & good industry practice for land acquisition & resettlement.
- Experience of promoting fair & safe working conditions for workers & promoting accessible.
- Experience of capacity building & training.
- At least worked on 1 infrastructure project & managed land & resettlement issues.
- Excellent written & spoken English & Somali.
- Based in Somalia.
This role has not team management responsibility
- Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply for this role.
- Candidates applying for this role MUST upload a copy of their latest resume on their candidate profiles.