STOCK KEEPER - BADHAN
Closing date: 13 May 2019
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context. ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the Stok Keeper position in Badhan.
The Stock Keeper will work under the direct hierarchical supervision and reports of the Logistic officer. For all aspects related to Inventory, Communications, purchase to be done in the field, the logistic intern will report to the Logistic officer.
- Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Stock Management
- Support the periodic inventories, and clear stock discrepancies in a documented manner;
- Support the efficient & exhaustive circulation, filing & archiving of stocks & deliveries documentation as detailed in ACTED logistics manual (stock reception vouchers, stocks cards, stock exit forms, etc.);
- Review & strengthen the Monthly Stock inventory report, under the LOGISTIC OFFICER supervision, with logistics & program teams.
- Maintain receipts, records, and withdrawals of the stockroom
- Receive, unload, and shelve supplies
- Perform other stock-related duties, including returning, packing, pricing, and labeling supplies
- Inspect deliveries for damage or discrepancies; report those to accounting for reimbursements and record keeping
- Rotate stock and coordinate the disposal of surpluses
- Ensure adequate record keeping and manage all documentation to confirm proper stock levels and maintain inventory control
- Coordinate the handling of freight, the movement of equipment, and necessary minor repairs
- Support logistics documentation
- Make sure that filing as defined in ACTED manuals is part of the regular trainings to logistics staff;
- Review past documentation in coordination & field offices when needed;
- Ensure the regular documentation flow from field offices to the coordination office;
- Cross-check the overall consistency of all logistics TITANIC reports
- Analyze and quantify logistics staff needs;
- Supervise recruitment, training and management of the logistics team according to identified needs;
- Ensure that all logistics staff members have appropriate appraisal and training from their line manager;
- Manage the premises (Offices and Guest Houses);
- Perform other tasks as requested by ACTED Management
- Bachelor degree in purchasing Supply Management or higher national diploma in store, logistics management or equivalent.
- At least 2 – 3 years relevant experience in procurement and logistics management in INGOs.
- Experience in safety and security management an advantage
- Computer literate and with basic IT Knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels,
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Experience in providing inputs to proposals and donor reports in procurement and logistics.
- Demonstrated experience in overall responsibility and accountability for the logistical management of an organization.
- Ability to work under pressure, deal constructively with stress and working long hours.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, pro-active and a good team-player.
- Being fluent in Somali language and English is a must
How to apply:
Qualified Nationals with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae as a single documenti.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to email@example.com
and received on or before 5.00PM on 13th May, 2019 with the subject line “STOCK KEEPER – BADHAN”. Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage. CVs will be shortlisted on an on-going basis. Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.