Storekeeper, G4 Berbera. (142327)
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide and the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.This position is open to qualified Somali candidates. Female candidates are especially are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Office and the direct supervision of the Logistics Associate Warehouse Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assist the Warehouse Manager in logistics and warehouse operations including all logistics assets to ensure timely and efficient delivery of WFP cargoes;
- Assist in the management of commodity accounting data quality and integrity;
- Process documentation for the execution of logistics operations like custom clearance, invoice verification among others;
- Maintain a proper filing system for all Logistics documents;
- Follow up and coordinate the movement of food and non-food items for the projects and liaison with operation transport;
- Monitor the First In First Out (FIFO) and Last In First Out (LIFO) systems, best before date, expiry dates, and infestations;
- Follow up and post daily dispatches of WFP food and non-food commodities in the corporate system; monitor the correct use and quantity as per Transport Loading Instruction (LTI);
- Deliver WFP standard waybills to those involved in the transport of WFP operations; ensure that the accurate paperwork has been prepared;
- Ensure efficient warehouse operation through coordination with operation transport, Logistics, and Programme team;
- Ensure effective stock management, loss prevention, and timely reporting;
- Follow up to ensure accurate and timely preparation of the stock status report and supervise the discrepancies for timely reconciliations;
- Perform any other related duties as required.
Secondary school certificate. A post-secondary certificate-related functional area is desirable.
- Three years or more of responsible support experience in Logistic Operation
- Experience in maintaining a logistics database and running queries on food and non-food stock.
- Experience in administering third-party service providers’ contracts.
- Experience in compiling contract documentation
Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali is a requirement.Knowledge & Skills:
Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.Hands-on logistics experience in the UN or INGOs is desirable.
Terms and Conditions
Contract Duration: 1 Year (initial)
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment.Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.