Under the direct supervision of the Logistics Associate and overall supervision of the Head of Berbera Sub-Office, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assist in Logistics and Warehouse operations including all Logistics assets- to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of WFP cargo;
- Assist in management of commodity accounting, data quality and integrity;
- Process documentation for execution of Logistics operations (e.g. custom clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating them to the supervisor;
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support efficient Logistics operations management;
- Maintain professional working relationships with agents of the superintendent, freight forwarder and other agents at warehouse level;
- Follow up and coordinate the movement of food and non-food items;
- Monitor the FIFO and LIFO systems, best before date, expiry dates and infestations;
- Follow up and post daily dispatches of WFP food and non-food commodities in the corporate system; monitor the correct use and quantity as per Transport Loading Instruction;
- Deliver WFP standard waybills to those involved in the transport of WFP operations; ensure proper paperwork has been prepared;
- Ensure efficient warehouse operation through coordination with operation’s transport and programme teams;
- Ensure effective stock management, loss prevention and timely reporting;
- Follow up to ensure accurate and timely preparation of stock status report and monitor the discrepancies for timely reconciliations;
- Maintain a proper filing system and archiving documents so they can be retrieved easily and efficiently;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certification in logistics, supply chain management, warehouse management is desirable.
Experience: At least four years of responsible support experience in Logistics operations.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali is a requirement.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems and ensure loss mitigation.
- Experience maintaining a Logistics database, administering third party service provider contracts, compiling contract documentation and contract execution.
- Experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheets, excel among others;
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.