DRC has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. Using a human rights framework, the DRC Somalia operations focuses mainly on people who are affected by displacement, including refugees, internally displaced, and migrant.
Overall purpose of the role:
In charge of the Area transportation’s, monitoring the maintenance DRC vehicles’ safely and efficiently in accordance with DRC policy and national safety rules and regulations, responsible for the vehicle to which he/she is assigned and the completion of log books and fuel, records, under the supervision of the Supply Chain TL
Education, Experience and technical competencies:
- In-charge of DRC/DDG owned vehicles, its fueling, maintenance and overall management.
- Driving DRC/DDG vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel only within the designated destinations.
- Ensures DRC/DDG vehicles are kept in good running condition at all times through addressing minor repairs, making arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, water levels and Car washing.
- Responsible for recording, protecting and update of DRC/DDG Vehicle documents i.e. Takaful contracts, Airport parking certificates, ownership documents, legalities documents and overall vehicles documentations and ensure this file is updated on bi-monthly/Quarterly bases.
- Responsible for the daily transportation plan making necessary adjustments as per last minute changes/requirements. Coordinate drivers by assigning them appropriate daily routines.
- Meets officials and high ranking personnel at the airport and facilitates immigration and customs formalities, as required.
- Ensuring that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents through coordination with the Supply Chain TL, Area Manager, Safety and so on;
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicles insurance, vehicles registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the vehicles; keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities
- Support other drivers with the preparation of job cards, inspecting of vehicles and ensuring all vehicles are fully equipped with tools, first aid kits and MOSS compliant.
- Responsible for the management of the DRC/DDG Bossaso office mini-fuel station including daily fuelling the office generators and ensuring fuel Bin card is daily updated.
- If necessary, also working on Fridays/Saturdays and in the evenings with compensation as per the HR manual
- Responsible for reporting all arrivals and departures on field trips to the Supply Chain unit and to DRC/DDG radio room and to report position and security situation to the DRC/DDG radio room every hour (shared responsibility of driver and the most senior staff in the vehicle).
- Responsible for the adherence (of passengers and the driver himself) to the following security rules:
- Always wear seat belt
- Never operate vehicles out of towns of field offices after dark unless forced by emergencies or given a special security clearance by the DRC Area Manger
- Under no circumstances allow any non DRC Puntland person or non-leaded staff member to operate a DRC Puntland vehicles
- Never load more passengers than the legal limit unless for emergency security reasons
- Never allow onboard any non DRC staff, without a signed waiver
- Emphasize no smoking policy all the times in the vehicle;
- Strictly following all rules and regulations in relation to the use and management of DRC Vehicle policy.
- Maintain vehicle communication equipment’s
- Train drivers on fleet maintenance, DRC/DDG driving rules and regulations including anti-bribery and safe driving rules.
- Ensure weekly and monthly fuel consumption report (such as fleet and fuel management reports, and repair issues) are prepared and submitted to the Supply Chain TL.
- Carry out periodic vehicle quality inspection for all DRC/DDG vehicles as well as rented vehicles
- Ensure that both DRC/DDG owned vehicles and rented vehicles have safety kits such as first aid kit and fire extinguisher and etc.
- Supervise the DRC/DDG drivers to ensure daily smooth running of the logistics function of the office
- Responsible for DRC/DDG Bossaso Office generators management, its fueling, maintenance and overall management.
- Other relevant technical support for transport as directed by the direct supervisor
- Secondary School Education
- At least 4 years of driving experience with NGOs and/or other international agencies
- At least 3 years of Mechanical experience
- Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humor
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Proven man management skills and ability to supervise subordinates
- Proven commitment to accountability practices.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to drive professionally
- Familiar with traffic rules
- Possession of valid driving license
- Somali: Excellent written and spoken
- English: Basic English level or higher is preferable (written & spoken).
- In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence:You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating:You are a strong networker and enjoy working with many different types of stakeholders, you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead:You take ownership and initiative while balancing the role of advisor and taking leadership
- Communicating:You write and speak effectively and honestly and display political and cultural sensitivity, including ability to adapt well to local cultures
- Demonstrating integrity:You act in line with our vision and values.
Availability: 1st May 2019
Duty station: Bossaso
Reporting to: Supply Chain Team Leader
Duration: 8 months with possibility of extension
THE POSITION IS OPEN TO NATIONALS ONLY.
DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.
Qualified candidates are invited to access the full job description and the requirements for this position under vacancies at www.drc.dk
. Please submit applications online using this link by 13th April, 2019
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org