The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The International Rescue Committee has been working in Somalia since 2006, providing essential services to conflict and disaster affected communities. The IRC has been operational in Central Somalia (Mudug and Galgadud regions) and Mogadishu implementing interventions in the areas of livelihood, WASH, Governance and peacebuilding, GBV, Nutrition, education and health reaching out to more than 200,000 conflict and drought affected people.
SCOPE OF WORK
Under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain Officer, the Supply Chain Assistant is responsible for Managing the Warehouse & Assets management, of IRC operations in Mogadishu office. He/She will work closely with the program staff and operation at the field office.
- Ensure the maintenance of warehouse – cleanliness, doors, locking, fittings and equipment.
- Implement safety procedures – air-conditioning systems, temperature controller, fire extinguisher.
- Manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods through the IRC warehouse.
- Ensure all incoming inventory are verified, delivery documents (DR, Waybill-In, Packaging list, PO) filed, alert any discrepancy and share the final list with FC and SCM.
- Maintain the Warehouse register recording all outgoing and incoming receipts and activities.
- Maintain required cold chain condition – refrigerators, freezers are working on daily basis.
- Ensure that Inventory to be released have approved store release, WB-Out, entered into the warehouse register and confirmed receipts of the destination.
- Ensure immediately after release or receipt of inventory, stocks and bin cards are updated, entered into PIT database and release documents are filed.
- Keep the PIT updated, review for accuracy and share as requested.
- Alert on the potential inventory shortage and drugs close to expiry and drugs.
- Carry out physical inventory count before 2 months of respective grant ending, the year end all physical count and when need arises.
- Ensure the Implementation of IRC Asset policies in Mogadishu field office.
- Receive assets/property, inter into records, tag and issue to user with all signatures.
- File the asset/property acquisition documents and issue forms in retrievable manner
- Keep all assets and property items, tagged tracked per user/location and keep updated list.
- Keep updated asset register & property register and note movement in the register
- Maintain asset/property inventory database updated on monthly basis
- Conduct monthly physical asset/property verification and report any issue early enough
- Track items sent to other locations and repair cost.
- Record any damages or faulty items and arrange to have the fixed if possible/cost effective.
- Prepare disposal documents of obsolete and non-repairable items.
- File donation and disposal documents of assets and property.
- File annual physical verification document of assets and property.
- Participate periodic physical verification of asset/property.
- Any other necessary activity assigned by your supervisor.
- Monthly Warehouse report (PIT) 2nd of the month latest
- Monthly asset/property inventory report 2nd of the month latest
- Ad-hoc report as required
These are the soft skills for the desired candidate.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Excellent organizational, communication, inter-personal, writing, and communication skills required.
- Good computer skills (Complete MS Office package and any database management and analysis)
- At least Diploma business administration and accounting.
- Minimum 2 years work in logistics and store management.
- Experience in procurement and logistics management.
- Knowledge on stores management and inventory reporting.
- Excellent organizational, communication, inter-personal, writing, and communication skills required and computer literacy.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently. and cooperatively with team members.