Action Against Hunger-USA is part of the Action Against Hunger International network, which provides humanitarian relief in over 40 countries worldwide in the sectors of nutrition, health, water/sanitation, and food security. Action Against Hunger-USA, an independent NGO, currently manages operations in 8 countries: Kenya, South Sudan, Cambodia, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Haiti and Somalia. Action Against Hunger-USA has over $75 million in programs, and approximately 2000 staff based in in the various country offices, Head Quarter in New York City and Operational Centre in Nairobi. Additional growth is anticipated.
Summary of Position
The Supply Chain officer will support the mission in the management of logistics operation in Coordation office in collaboration with the Supply Chain Specialist.
As an integral staff member of Action Against Hunger (AAH), the Supply Chain Officer will support the field team by undertaking technical and practical operational tasks to ensure smooth, safe and efficient operation of Supply chain activities in Mogadishu.
Will work closely with the Supply Chain Specialist, programme team, local suppliers and Field Logistician to ensure that the supply chain management activities are carried out in line with procurement guideline and Kitlogv3 outline Action Against Hunger (AAH) Manual.
Essential job duties.
- Implementing a rigorous, accountable, and transparent procurement system, compliant with the Action Against Hunger (AAH) Supply Chain Logkitv3 in Procurement Management, local law, and donor requirements.
- Advocate with program teams in the field for procurement planning, in line with Action Against Hunger (AAH) Procurement guideline.
- Manage normal procurement tenders for Requests for Quotation in the coordination office in collaboration with the Supply Chain Specialist.
- Manage all Purchase Requisitions received from and process the procurements according to the Procurement Thresholds Table, adhering to the procurement lead times as specified
- Ensure that the Procurement follow up is updated in real time and accurate for all requests received under assignment and procurements in process.
- Ensure any new suppliers are vetted according to Action Against Hunger (AAH) policies and updated on the supplier database, capturing comments on performance and contracts issued.
- Ensure feedback from Program colleagues with respect to contractor performance is captured on the Action Against Hunger (AAH) database and is uploaded onto the Action Against Hunger (AAH) NHF cloud based SharePoint archive system.
- Enforce a zero-tolerance policy regarding corruption and contribute to ensuring complaints are recorded and investigated appropriately, in line with the Action Against Hunger (AAH) Code of Conduct and Accountability Framework.
- Coordinate with Supply Specialist to ensure that all issues related to procurement, ongoing contract management is reported, and solutions are realized as the issues arise.
- Maintain updated and complete procurement dossier files (in line with Action Against Hunger (AAH) Logkitv3) of any ongoing contracts, to be filed in Finance once the contract is closed and submitted for payment.
- Ensure proper accounting, reporting, internal controls and maintenance/filing of records in accordance with guidance from Supply Chain Specialist, Country procurement guidelines and any Action Against Hunger Somalia SOPs.
- Raise payment requests for processing and track all payments requested in the Payment Tracker sheet of the PFR to be circulated weekly to Country Office in Somalia Mission.
- Monitor the supply market trends for updated information such as changes in market price, new products, and additional suppliers.
- Adhere to Action Against Hunger (AAH) Code of Conduct and Action Against Hunger (AAH) specific procurement procedures within the Supply Chain department.
Required Qualifications and Professional Experience.
- Bachelor in Logistics / Operational / Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or equivalent. Professional qualifications from accredited institutions such as CIPS an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of professional working experience in similar position & Humanitarian Logistics sector at managerial level specifically dealing with International procurement, Freight, Warehouse management.
Required Skills & Competencies.
- Proven ability in the implementation of large-scale programs.
- High integrity, pro-active, stable, robust character and a good team-player
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, and with well-developed problem-solving skills
- Ability to cope with heavy workloads and to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills
- Proven commitment to accountability practices
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work with limited supervision
- Knowledge of computers: word processing, database management packages
- Knowledge and adherence to Humanitarian Code of Conduct