DRC has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. Using a human rights framework, the DRC Somalia operations focuses mainly on people who are affected by displacement, including refugees, internally displaced, and migrant.
Danish Demining Group (DDG) is a specialized unit within DRC which implements mine action and armed violence reduction (AVR) programmes. DDG’s mandate is ‘to create a safe environment free from armed violence and the remnants of conflict’, and DDG does this via a programmatic focus on four key sectors: Security Systems Reform, Small Arms and Light Weapons (SALW) management, Mine Action and Conflict Management.
Overall Purpose of the role:
The SC Officer (Country) is responsible for all Supply and Chain (SC) functions in Somalia including Procurement, Fleet, Warehousing, Asset and ensuring procedures and compliance issues are followed. Working closely with the rest of the support and program team, the Supply Chain Officer will be deployed to any area office to directly support Supply Chain Team Leaders in running and management of the area supply chain department. The position holder will report to the Supply Chain Manager.
ERP DRC Dynamics
- Item Master Data – Ensure all items under Purchase Agreement (PA) are shared for approval and release
- Vendor Prospects – Ensure all vendors are created in DRC Dynamics following the Somalia MEMO.
- Warehouse, sites and locations in Dynamics
- Stocks in Dynamics
- Fixed Assets in Dynamics
- Procurement to pay(P2P) in Dynamics
Enforcing compliance & implementation of DRC/DDG procurement procedures
- Ensure adherence to DRC/DDG procurement policies & procedures as detailed in the Operation Handbook (OH)
- Ensure strict implementation, enforcement & adherence to the DRC/DDG procurement threshold (Revised Version)
- Ensure all procurement documents (RFQs, ITBs) are shared with the supply chain manager for review.
- Upload the purchase agreements (PA) for area Offices to the ERP dynamics system this includes but not limited to supplies, services and works i.e. (Travel agencies, accommodation/hotels, restaurants for trainings, mobile phones dealers, VST service providers – local NGOs and among others.)
- Update Item Master Data and upload IRF (Item request form) for items enacted under the purchase agreements.
- In close collaboration with the Country supply chain team, conduct training on Program procurements/segregation of duties for the Program team.
- In close collaboration with the Country supply chain team, conduct training on Bid evaluation/vetting criteria for the Tender Opening Committee (TOC) members and shed lights on the best value for money definitions.
- Work closely with the Country supply chain and ICT teams on standardization of procurements i.e. Printers, scanners, computers, mobile phones etc.
- Manage National Staff Insurance contract for DRC/DDG and ensure smooth implementation of the contract clauses (Track contract implementation and duration).
- Manage ITBs / RFP for area Offices as well.
- Guide & support Program team in development of Procurement Plans (Expense Forecast) and ensure its implementations.
- Fully participate managing of Supply Chain exercise in the area office and ensure that each area office meet the deadline as per the procurement time line.
- Backstop areas Procurement officers and Log Officer (Area) during their absence.
- Draft always and support area procurement on exceptions cases i.e. Derogations & NFFs
- Develop key performance indicators by which performance of SC staff (logistics officer and Procurements officers in area offices.
- Supervise the procurement officers to ensure smooth running of the procurement function of the area offices.
- With support of Area Manager (AM) Ensure segregation of duties of SC staff is understood, implemented and respected.
- Ensure Timely deliveries of program procurements, and timely facilitation of supplier payments
- Ensure DRC/DDG procurement threshold is well understood and adopted.
- Ensure proper logistic budget management through improving forecasting and gap analysis.
- Ensure DRC/DDG hired vehicles are properly used and well maintained
- Manage contracts for DRC/DDG hired vehicles and track performance
- Ensure regular scheduling of maintenance for DRC/DDG owned & hired vehicles
- Ensure proper filling for DRC/DDG fleet documents
- Where necessary, hire additional vehicles to meet the transport needs (This is subject to availability of funds/budget)
- Ensure stock counting is done as per the ERP DRC Dynamics requirements
- Ensure proper documentation of DRC/DDG stores (Jubbaland Offices)
- Ensure proper filling system is done for stock reports
- Ensure monthly stock reports/updates is circulated with the relevant departments
- Ensure proper storage of supplies (NFI & FIs)
- Oversee transportation, loading & offloading of NFIs & FIs from the store to the final destinations.
- Oversee and ensure that asset register and asset movement documentation (asset loan, transfer, issue form and asset ID cards) and records are filed appropriately and available in the area office.
- Ensure proper filling and up-to-date inventory spread sheet so that it can be shared with donors and stakeholders.
- Conduct Disposal of unserviceable/dead assets
- Conduct stock counting as per Enterprise Resource Plan (ERP) DRC Dynamics requirements
- Conduct Verification of assets/inventories as per Enterprise Resource Plan (ERP) DRC Dynamics requirements
- Conduct tagging of newly purchased assets (Manually, Off the Dynamics system)
- Ensure adherence of DRC/DDG Asset SOPs
- On Routine Basis, visit field offices to support in supply chain activities.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor/Line Manager.
The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
Education, experience & technical competencies
- Bachelor degree in Procurement & Supply chain Management, Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) or Any related field with 3 years of practice experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position with an international organization preferably in INGOs operating in Somalia.
- Hands-on experience/skills in MS Office applications
- Good command of spoken and written English and Somali.
- Excellent organizational skills, self-motivated, proactive and able to accomplish set deadlines.
- Devoted, reliable and dedicated person
- Willing to travel and can work under pressure
- Good computer skills – especially Excel spreadsheets and able to work with Formulas, Power Point and Word.
- Quick in learning new systems
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You are a strong networker and enjoy working with many different types of stakeholders, you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while balancing the role of advisor and taking leadership
- Communicating: You write and speak effectively and honestly and display political and cultural sensitivity, including ability to adapt well to local cultures
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Availability: May 2020
Duty station: Mogadishu
Reporting to: Supply Chain Manager- Somalia/Land.
Duration: 7 Months with Possibility of extension
Contract: This position is graded as Band NM – H1 for qualified national staff and the terms of employment will be in accordance with DRC terms for national staff.
THE POSITION IS OPEN TO NATIONALS ONLY.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.
DRC adheres to the Core Humanitarian Standards. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of these standards.
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework.
For general information about Danish Refugee Council, please visit www.drc.ngo
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post. We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the online application on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies no later than 27th April 2020.