CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
- In late 2019 parts of Somalia experienced some of the worst flooding in the country’s recent history resulting in several deaths & significant damage to infrastructure, crops, property & livestock.
- Further to this flood event, a joint assessment was undertaken by WB & the FGS to assess the losses & damage caused by the floods & to develop a strategy for immediate recovery & longer term resilience building. As a result SCRP was formulated & financed by the WB to the MOF. The project is aimed at supporting the recovery of livelihoods & infrastructure in flood & drought affected areas & strengthening the capacity for disaster preparedness nationwide. The recovery interventions will focus on 3 flood affected states (Hirshabelle, South West State & Jubaland), while the longer term interventions will focus on a broader national coverage, enabling govt. capacity strengthening in DRM.
- The Project Implementation Unit (PIU) established within the MOF is managing the project implementation with our client providing technical support in project activities design, implementation, monitoring & reporting. Our clients input includes the development of designs for the rehabilitation of flood damaged roads, buildings & other infrastructure. As part of our clients design development, a Surveyor is proposed to be engaged to undertake the field surveying activities & to develop the surveying drawings.
- The Surveyor will be responsible for preparing for & carrying out field topographic surveys, preparing survey reports & data for use in engineering designs. His / Her tasks shall include:
- Establishment of vertical & horizontal inter visible control points at appropriate intervals. Construction of concrete pillars on the control points.
- Carrying out topographic surveys for roads, buildings & water supply infrastructure as shall be directed by the PM / Engineer.
- Recruitment of chainmen & casual labour in the field for carrying out survey tasks.
- Generation of digital elevation models, maps & drawings from the survey data as shall be directed by the PM / Engineer.
- Preparation of survey reports & any other relevant documents as may be required.
- Generation of outputs on GIS platforms for use by the project team & other stakeholders.
- The Surveyor will also be required to interpret any survey data, maps & GIS outputs received from stakeholders & integrate the same into the design team’s outputs.
- Custodian of survey equipment & tools availed to him / her.
- Management of all survey & GIS data generated by the project.
- Assigning tasks to the Assistant Surveyors & monitoring their performance.
Project reporting: This role reports to the Team Leader.
BSc in Surveying Technology, Land Surveying, Civil Engineering, equivalent discipline or Advanced Diploma in Surveying Technology, Land Surveying, Civil Engineering, equivalent discipline & be a registered Surveyor.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in topographic surveying works including undertaking surveying of at least 2 infrastructure projects within the last 3 years, with a similar level of duties & responsibilities expected to be performed under this proposed engagement.
- Proficient in using latest surveying equipment such as Geodetic / Real Time Kinetic GPS, Total Station, automatic level & ability to upload / download data & generate topographic maps & contours.
- Demonstrated experience in data on GIS platforms as well as handling & interpreting satellite imagery.
- Proficient in engineering, survey & GIS software such Autodesk - AutoCAD & Civil 3D, ArcGIS (or other similar software) for producing surveying documentation.
- Working experience in working in Somalia is desirable.
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbal & written.
Team management: This role requires team management experience.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.